Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have pics of Accusump setup w/manual valve?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 11:55 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Default Anyone have pics of Accusump setup w/manual valve?

Switching from EPC valve to manual after 2 switches gone bad. Car is still a dd. Curious where to put the manual cable switch? I bought a used tank as mine imploded. From what I can tell from install docs, it is ready to go:

This what I had before:

Also, does anyone have a pic of how the cable bracket installs? Didn't see a single one on google.

TIA
Old 08-13-2015, 09:08 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I was wondering why one would choose to use a manual one over electric and I guess failur is the answer.

I spoke with canton and they thought it would be crazy to use a manual valve for road racing and suggested their electric pressure activated one.

This on a C6 or 5? Curious where you mounted the pump itself and if you ran a remote air pressure gauge.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:22 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by edge04
I was wondering why one would choose to use a manual one over electric and I guess failur is the answer.

I spoke with canton and they thought it would be crazy to use a manual valve for road racing and suggested their electric pressure activated one.

This on a C6 or 5? Curious where you mounted the pump itself and if you ran a remote air pressure gauge.

Interesting, the canton website recommends a manual valve for racing applications. Mine is mounted to the tunnel on the passenger side, but it is not a de and has no passenger seat or interior.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:54 AM
johnny c
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Interesting, the canton website recommends a manual valve for racing applications. Mine is mounted to the tunnel on the passenger side, but it is not a de and has no passenger seat or interior.
canton has started using a different electronic valve. i'm not 100% sure but it looks like it operates much faster. maybe the old electric valve was slower and the new one is a zero restriction.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:20 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Johnny C @ OG
canton has started using a different electronic valve. i'm not 100% sure but it looks like it operates much faster. maybe the old electric valve was slower and the new one is a zero restriction.
Maybe, the website still says to use the manual valve for racing, but that was the issue with the electric valve, it didn't flow enough to fully discharge and refill between cycles on certain tracks/applications. The electric valve would be much more attractive if the updated version can flow as well as the simple ball valve and is more reliable, there are countless threads with people complaining of various failures over the years.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:25 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by stevensa
Maybe, the website still says to use the manual valve for racing, but that was the issue with the electric valve, it didn't flow enough to fully discharge and refill between cycles on certain tracks/applications. The electric valve would be much more attractive if the updated version can flow as well as the simple ball valve and is more reliable, there are countless threads with people complaining of various failures over the years.
I would give them a call, speak with Bob
Old 08-13-2015, 11:35 AM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by edge04
I would give them a call, speak with Bob
Thanks, maybe I will for future installs. For now I'm sticking with the tried and true manual valve.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:51 AM
johnny c
Drifting

i got word back from canton
Johnny,
The new valves are head and shoulders above the old ones. The new valves use a piston style design instead of the previous versions rubber diaphragm. While the diaphragm weren't a huge issues the piston has much less that can go wrong and will last a lot longer. The new valve is also CNC'd from billet aluminum instead of cast from bronze like the previous valves. This gives it a much better look and actually reduces the weight a bit. We have also improved the packaging of the valve with the pressure switch as the previous version needed a manifold, this new valve has a port integrated into it's body. We are very pleased with how these valves have been performing and the upgrades they offer are well worth the extra cost.

Canton Racing Products
Old 08-13-2015, 10:07 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Sticking with the manual valve for now. Kind of hoping someone would have a pic of how the cable bracket fits on the tank. Anyone?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:42 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

This is an install I did for a friend a while back. I made an aluminum bracket for the bottom of the canister to attach to the frame and at the top I did some trimming of the flange on the inner fender and attached the clamp directly to it.
For the manual cable I made an aluminum bracket to be used as a bulkhead to secure it to the frame and on the actuator end I made a bracket and welded it to the existing aftermarket seat mount. Just so it is clear I did not mount that seat that way, and would never recommend as such.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:10 AM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Awesome pics - THANKS! I was hoping to mount the actuator somewhere in that general location.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:58 AM
johnny c
Drifting

that is super clever hahah

Originally Posted by trackboss
.... I did not mount that seat that way, and would never recommend as such.

are you talking about all those washers? hahaha
Old 08-19-2015, 09:36 PM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

After two electrical solenoid failures I, too, went to the manual valve several years ago. Mine is also located on the drivers rocker panel. I recently had a problem with the cable not moving. I found the ball post at the end of the cable had worked loose, was cocked sideways and was binding. To avoid it just make sure you double nut it and use some Loctite. Also, be sure to grease socket before attaching to the post.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:31 AM
LHZAWD
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The actuator and cable you've used came from moroso parts or from another application like fire bottle or boat throttle ?
i've built a manual actuator (snow blower lever/cable )but it needs a thicker internal wire to both open and close the valve fully.

Thanks
Paul

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have pics of Accusump setup w/manual valve?

Quick Reply: Anyone have pics of Accusump setup w/manual valve?