Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Ramps trail mates. Anyone use them

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:34 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Race Ramps trail mates. Anyone use them

Talking about these and curious is anyone is using them. Its a PITA to get strap down the front with spoilers, I can barley get my arm under there and scratch the crap out of it. I have carpet down where these would go so doubt they would move. Someone may say you can make them out of wood for much less but the price doesn't bother me. Thanks

http://www.raceramps.com/trailer-mates-front-1.aspx
Old 08-18-2015, 10:39 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Front trailer mates have a reinforced top surface in the cradle portion of the ramp. Rear trailer mates also have a reinforced top surface. The reinforcement is necessary so that the ramps hold up to the extra pounding they take during transit. I am pointing this out to discourage people from using ramps models that are similar to trailer mates like Trak-Jax or Roll-Ups.

The front trailer mates are fairly straightforward to use. Race Ramps makes a standard front trailer mate with a 3" high cradle and a relatively steep 11.9 degree incline. They also make two other front trailer mates with 7 degree or less inclines.

Reverse Logic offers a 52" long extended length front trailer mate that incorporates a progressive incline ramp for low cars.

http://www.reverselogic.us/shop.html...tegory=5250027

Using the rear trailer mates can be a little tricky with a short trailer. If the rear tires are still on the trailer door (or ramps of an open trailer) after the front tires pass over the rear ramps, then the car may beach on the rear trailer mates.

Originally Posted by edge04
Talking about these and curious is anyone is using them. Its a PITA to get strap down the front with spoilers, I can barley get my arm under there and scratch the crap out of it. I have carpet down where these would go so doubt they would move. Someone may say you can make them out of wood for much less but the price doesn't bother me. Thanks

http://www.raceramps.com/trailer-mates-front-1.aspx

Last edited by Fred@ReverseLogic; 08-18-2015 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:06 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

thanks. assume no issues using fronts only? this is in an enclosed 24 trailer loading a C6
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 PM
C5Z06CE
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

thanks. assume no issues using fronts only? this is in an enclosed 24 trailer loading a C6
I use these.

Amazon.com: Race Ramps RR-TR-5 5" Trailer Ramp: Inc. Brute Industries: Automotive Amazon.com: Race Ramps RR-TR-5 5" Trailer Ramp: Inc. Brute Industries: Automotive

Amazon.com : Shandali Recycled Foam Yoga Block - Super Dense, Durable, Lifetime Guarantee : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Shandali Recycled Foam Yoga Block - Super Dense, Durable, Lifetime Guarantee : Sports & Outdoors

I also have a 24' enclosed trailer for C5Z. The rear door rests on the front lip of this ramp. The only issue I have is the extended ramp on my trailer bows downward a bit with car's weight because of lack of support for the 10" or so from the main ramp to the raceramp. I have seen wood cut to take up this gap but I chose to use a simple approach of super hard compressed foam yoga block cut at an angle with a knife/saw to fit exactly between the main ramp and the race ramp.

Works perfectly.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:44 PM
0Fred@ReverseLogic
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Fronts only should not be a problem provided that the incline is shallow enough to fit under your bumper and the height is adequate to give you the clearance you need.

Get notified of new replies

To Race Ramps trail mates. Anyone use them

Quick Reply: Race Ramps trail mates. Anyone use them