Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPM Rollbar Harness Bar & Roll Cages-Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 11:56 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Default RPM Rollbar Harness Bar & Roll Cages-Free Shipping

RPM RollBars Harness Bar & Roll Bars-Free Shipping!
0% Financing available for up to 1 year!
For more prices and options please feel free to contact me at 408/898-4632 or Mikem@TPSMotorsports.com

Are you looking for the ultimate in chassis reinforcement and protection? Look no further than RPM Rollbars! Rob Mathis, owner of RPM has over 25 years of race car and chassis building experience ranging from street cars to top fuel dragsters.

RPM ONLY uses the best material by utilizing light weight and sturdy chrome moly. For those who want to set themselves apart with a rollbar that looks as HOT as it performs RPM offers customized finishes in just about any finish you want! RPM Rollbars sets itself apart by giving an unconditional warranty that NO OTHER MANUFACTURER GIVES.. We guarantee the bar will pass tech, or we'll buy it back!

Why risk getting kicked off the track?
Look no further at so called NHRA/SCCA legal roll bars. This is the only 100% welded, 100% legal, 100% removable, built to SFI standards, on the MARKET and in the INDUSTRY. We guarantee the bar will pass tech, or we'll buy it back!

NOW AVAILABLE WITH REMOVABLE REAR BRACE FOR THE ULTIMATE CHASSIS BRACING!

Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Last edited by TPSMak; 11-11-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:23 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

People have asked about the Hydro-Dipping and if it covers the whole cage... YES IT DOES

Old 09-24-2015, 12:13 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Looking for a quality roll cage with quick turnaround and delivery? RPM Roll Cages are shipped as fast as 2 weeks of placing your order

No other rollbar on the market guarantees you'll pass NHRA inspection or your money back!

Old 10-14-2015, 01:37 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

All Rollbars shipped... harness bars should be shipping soon.

Who else would like one? Lead time is less than 2 weeks and can be done as fast 1.5 if it's powder coated.

0% Financing available for up to 1 year and ALL CAR CARE ONE CARDS accepted!
Old 10-20-2015, 05:03 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Here's some pictures of a install a customer just did on his own C6 Vette!

Old 10-20-2015, 10:35 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

Since this is in the Autocross & Roadracing section, do you have any examples of a product that would pass SCCA or NASA tech?
Old 10-20-2015, 11:23 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm not sure what you mean when you say these bars are 100% legal. They are not SCCA legal and I doubt they are street legal. In fact these look like the would be dangerous to occupants if they were not wearing helmets. The bar is very close to the occupants heads. I hate to think what would happen to anyone sitting in those seats if they were rear ended without wearing helmets.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:22 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by wtb-z
Since this is in the Autocross & Roadracing section, do you have any examples of a product that would pass SCCA or NASA tech?
What class are you referring to? Most of RPM Rollbars are catered to HPDE and drag race enthusiasts. I would say the vast majority of their roll bar configurations will pass without an issue BUT YOU MUST know what requirements your class will require. Every class has different requirement.

RPM Rollbars generally EXCEED the minimum specs of what is required for most applications.... for example most SCCA/ NASA requires only a small 2x2 foot pad.. where as the RPM pads is 6x6 and contoured to body of your car initializing a top and bottom plate.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:30 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by Charley Hoyt
I'm not sure what you mean when you say these bars are 100% legal. They are not SCCA legal and I doubt they are street legal. In fact these look like the would be dangerous to occupants if they were not wearing helmets. The bar is very close to the occupants heads. I hate to think what would happen to anyone sitting in those seats if they were rear ended without wearing helmets.
Again... you must know your class requirements before ordering a bar. We and RPM can supply a bar that will pass ANY inspection BUT we must know the requirement of your class or it's intended use.

The bars made per to NHRA rules so they will pass inspection. Bars MUST be in certain positions as per rules. If the seat is reclined ALL THE WAY BACK it would be close to the bar BUT if the driver is concerned about hitting their head they can install rollbar padding AND move the seat forward a bit.
Old 10-26-2015, 04:51 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Charlie,

I just saw the pictures of your custom rollbar and it is NOT even a 4 point rollbar which means you cannot legally use this for HPDEs. No knowledgeable inspector should allow you to race on a track with that setup. Also, your rollbar is held together with some bolts and not welded together... it is cool that you can remove it and throw it in your trunk but there is nothing legal about the bar. Plus the way the bar is designed you cannot have a passenger AND it does not appear that the top can be put up.. am I wrong? AND lastly the the tubing appears to be ERW Seemed tubing which is the weakest tubing you can buy.

Last edited by TPSMak; 10-26-2015 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:07 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TPSMak
Charlie,

I just saw the pictures of your custom rollbar and it is NOT even a 4 point rollbar which means you cannot legally use this for HPDEs. No knowledgeable inspector should allow you to race on a track with that setup. Also, your rollbar is held together with some bolts and not welded together... it is cool that you can remove it and throw it in your trunk but there is nothing legal about the bar. Plus the way the bar is designed you cannot have a passenger AND it does not appear that the top can be put up.. am I wrong? AND lastly the the tubing appears to be ERW Seemed tubing which is the weakest tubing you can buy. [/url]

Most of what you said about my roll bar is correct. There is NO WAY to put an SCCA legal roll bar in a convertible Corvette and have the top work. The main reasons are that in order for the bar to be safe it has to be too high for the top to operate and the location of legal aft facing supports requires cutting into the bodywork of the car because (if I remember correctly) they need to be within four inches of the top of the bar, need to be at a 45 degree angle, and can't have any bends. As you said, you have to know your requirements when you are putting in a roll bar. For me I wanted a solution that would be as safe as a coupe (without a roll bar) so I could use my car at HPDEs and I needed to be able to safely drive my car on the street as a daily driver. When I was looking at purchasing a roll bar for my car I looked at all of the bars that were available at the time and none of them fit my requirements. They were all too low ( I am 6'tall), they were so far forward that they wouldn't be safe for daily driving (apparently these seats move a lot in a rear end collision), and most of the rear support structures were bent and came almost strait down onto structure that isn't strong enough to handle the load. Also they were installed with Riv nuts which is not an acceptable attachment method for primary structure.

So my Roll bar is definately a compromise, but it met my requirements to be as safe as a coupe (without a roll bar).

The only things you were wrong about were: 1) its suitability for HPDE use. I talked with several of the best HPDE groups in my area prior to building this bar and got approval. I have used it with many different groups since. 2) the material.... I can't remember the material but I brought the SCCA spec to the cage builder and specified the use of the SCCA approved material.

My roll bar was fine for its intended purpose, but as I got a little faster I realized that I needed to upgrade my roll bar, and since their just isn't a good way to put a safe roll bar into a dual purpose convertible, here is how I upgraded my roll bar

Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 10-26-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:41 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Most of what you said about my roll bar is correct. There is NO WAY to put an SCCA legal roll bar in a convertible Corvette and have the top work. The main reasons are that in order for the bar to be safe it has to be too high for the top to operate and the location of legal aft facing supports requires cutting into the bodywork of the car because (if I remember correctly) they need to be within four inches of the top of the bar, need to be at a 45 degree angle, and can't have any bends. As you said, you have to know your requirements when you are putting in a roll bar. For me I wanted a solution that would be as safe as a coupe (without a roll bar) so I could use my car at HPDEs and I needed to be able to safely drive my car on the street as a daily driver. When I was looking at purchasing a roll bar for my car I looked at all of the bars that were available at the time and none of them fit my requirements. They were all too low ( I am 6'tall), they were so far forward that they wouldn't be safe for daily driving (apparently these seats move a lot in a rear end collision), and most of the rear support structures were bent and came almost strait down onto structure that isn't strong enough to handle the load. Also they were installed with Riv nuts which is not an acceptable attachment method for primary structure.

So my Roll bar is definately a compromise, but it met my requirements to be as safe as a coupe (without a roll bar).

The only things you were wrong about were: 1) its suitability for HPDE use. I talked with several of the best HPDE groups in my area prior to building this bar and got approval. I have used it with many different groups since. 2) the material.... I can't remember the material but I brought the SCCA spec to the cage builder and specified the use of the SCCA approved material.

My roll bar was fine for its intended purpose, but as I got a little faster I realized that I needed to upgrade my roll bar, and since their just isn't a good way to put a safe roll bar into a dual purpose convertible, here is how I upgraded my roll bar

Charley

Charlie,

You are incorrect about there is no way to put a SCCA legal roll bar in a convertible have the top work.. RPM has done several but it is NOT easy. The tubing maybe legal but it's just not the best option available. Obviously your solution worked for you but it's now how I would have addressed it when I owned a shop.

BTW, is that a Radical you have?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:05 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Charlie,

You are incorrect about there is no way to put a SCCA legal roll bar in a convertible have the top work.. RPM has done several but it is NOT easy. The tubing maybe legal but it's just not the best option available. Obviously your solution worked for you but it's now how I would have addressed it when I owned a shop.

BTW, is that a Radical you have?
Well I am glad to hear that someone was able to figure out how to do it... Seems impossible to me, but there are more creative people than me in the world.

Yes, I retired my Corvette to street duty and use the Radical for the track.

Charley
Old 11-11-2015, 04:06 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Old 11-17-2015, 03:29 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

BLACK FRIDAY ROLLBAR DEAL!

BUY ANY RPM ROLLBAR and Get A FREE RPM ROLLBAR SEAT BACK REST (NHRA) or an ADDITIONAL $200 OFF!

Old 11-29-2015, 03:40 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Bump for our best sale of the year! Everything is on sale!

Click here to place your orders
http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/black-...-corvette.html

0% Financing Available for up to 1 Year on ALL PURCHASES!
Old 12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Christmas RPM Roll Bar Special!!
It's the gift that keeps on giving ALL YEAR ROUND!
0% Financing Available up to 1 year!
We accept all Car Care One Cards!

Bump for our best sale of the year! Everything is on sale!

Click here to place your orders

Get notified of new replies

To RPM Rollbar Harness Bar & Roll Cages-Free Shipping

Old 01-15-2016, 05:25 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Didn't get what you wanted to get for Christmas? Get the Roll Bar you've always wanted! No better bolt in roll bar on the market!

ANY color is available for you! If it's avaialable in powder coat it can be yours!

0% financing for up to 1 year available on all RPM Roll Bars purchased from TPS!

Free shipping to any address in the continental USA!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:45 PM
wtb-z
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 38 Posts

What class are you referring to? Most of RPM Rollbars are catered to HPDE and drag race enthusiasts. I would say the vast majority of their roll bar configurations will pass without an issue BUT YOU MUST know what requirements your class will require. Every class has different requirement.

RPM Rollbars generally EXCEED the minimum specs of what is required for most applications.... for example most SCCA/ NASA requires only a small 2x2 foot pad.. where as the RPM pads is 6x6 and contoured to body of your car initializing a top and bottom plate.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.

While private "anything goes" days may have their own standard, I would expect tech at a "real" road race organization to require a few things for a roll bar:

* Diagonal (or some form of double diagonal) bracing for the main hoop
* Fore-aft bracing that departs from the main hoop on both sides, at a reasonable angle, with no bends in it
* No crazy bends or 90* joins straight off the main hoop like this: https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5b82fc68e1.jpg

My comment was because I didn't see any roll bars in your original post that seemed to meet that kind of standard. If someone has taken RPM bars through SCCA/NASA tech with success wants to chime in that would be welcome, but from my perspective I see a bunch of drag racing stuff that would not pass tech with a road race organization.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:01 PM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by wtb-z
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this.

While private "anything goes" days may have their own standard, I would expect tech at a "real" road race organization to require a few things for a roll bar:

* Diagonal (or some form of double diagonal) bracing for the main hoop
* Fore-aft bracing that departs from the main hoop on both sides, at a reasonable angle, with no bends in it
* No crazy bends or 90* joins straight off the main hoop like this: https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...5b82fc68e1.jpg

My comment was because I didn't see any roll bars in your original post that seemed to meet that kind of standard. If someone has taken RPM bars through SCCA/NASA tech with success wants to chime in that would be welcome, but from my perspective I see a bunch of drag racing stuff that would not pass tech with a road race organization.

RPM makes the Roll bar in any configuration a customer wants... They offer a option which includes a Diagonal SCCA Bar.

Quick Reply: RPM Rollbar Harness Bar & Roll Cages-Free Shipping