Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SpeedBleeders Leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 01:11 PM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Default SpeedBleeders Leak

I've heard some people complain about them sporadically over the years. I have also used them for more than 20 yrs on multiple cars with no issues.
These are from SpeedBleeder, not one of the other companies with similar products.

So - installed a set on my vette, AP calipers on front, std Z06 calipers on the rear.

Both on the left rear caliper leaked slightly when hot on the track.
Factory torque for bleeders is 106 inch lbs. Torqued the SpeedBleeders to 130 inch lbs. Still leaked a bit.

Ok, so I finally got a bad set.

Sent them an email Sunday night Feb 28th with contact info.
Called them mid morning Monday, only get voicemail, left msg with callback info.

Tues - no response, left VM and second email

Wed no response

Thurs left VM again.

To date, no response.

Any product can have a problem, but the real test of a company is support and response.

They are history, and I will never deal with them again.
They just lost long time customer!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2016, 07:27 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I tried them once on my C5 Z06 stock calipers. They lasted about two events than started leaking air into the caliper when used. Leaked around the sealer they put on the barrel of the bleeder and not the bleeder mechanical internals. Changed to using a motive power bleeder which worked great for 8 years. Spend a few $ more and go with Motive - you will not regret it.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:55 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by CHJ In Virginia
I tried them once on my C5 Z06 stock calipers. They lasted about two events than started leaking air into the caliper when used. Leaked around the sealer they put on the barrel of the bleeder and not the bleeder mechanical internals. Changed to using a motive power bleeder which worked great for 8 years. Spend a few $ more and go with Motive - you will not regret it.
Motive

Get notified of new replies

To SpeedBleeders Leak

Quick Reply: SpeedBleeders Leak