Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 inlets on base C6 clearance issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 01:35 PM
kal1fornia
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C6 Z06 inlets on base C6 clearance issues

Hey guys,

Hopefully this is the right section:

So I recently bought the quantum fog light air inlet and competition brake duct kit from a member off the forums. I am having an issue with the clearance between the front tire and the Z06 inlet plastic piece. I have no issues with clearance when the wheel is straight and even turned, but when I am at full lock the tire is rubbing on the Z06 inlet. It is not a lot but just enough to where it would rub through eventually. I have tried several different positions on where to mount the Z06 inlet however I have had no luck with finding a good spot where it does not rub at full lock.

My question is does the Z06 come with a different offset on the front wheels so that it does not rub on the air inlet? Do I need to get some small spacers to put on the front wheels? The amount it is rubbing is marginal so that may fix it? I am attaching some pictures so you get a better idea about what I am talking about. I have seen other people install the Z06 inlets on the base models so hopefully someone will be able to chime in. Just to clarify I am on the stock wheels and stock tire size.

Shayn

Old 03-20-2016, 07:06 PM
kal1fornia
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was being an idiot and not taking in to account the suspension moving up when the car is on the ground...everyone was rubbing with the car in the air. duhhhh haha

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 inlets on base C6 clearance issues