Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oxygenated Fuels? Anyone run them?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 11:23 AM
nskyline34
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Oxygenated Fuels? Anyone run them?

I am trying to eek out every last hp I can (while keeping the motor "safe") for the 200mph club.

I want to get there on an all motor LS6 with the stock M12 to prove yet another point. I’m looking into running either VP101 or Motorsport 109.

I know its oxygenated so it will act as a liquid supercharger = retune. That’s fine. Have HPT and wideband and the desire to keep learning.

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/page469663.html

Just curious what people have found and what kind of hp I should be able to pick up with it. I’m at 487whp now, I would like to see if I could switch fuels, add 2-3* of timing, and maybe touch 500-505whp. This would only be for 1 race down in Mojave, so I don’t care about the fuel price.

Thoughts?

Plus – who doesn’t love the smell of oxygenated fuels right?
Old 06-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Donny Brass
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 74 Posts
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist

C45 is the new-hotness in fuels, I know a lot of drag racers who run it in high (15:1) compression motors with excellent results.

I would call VP an discuss your combo and your tune and they will point you towards the right fuel for you car

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/vp-drag-racing
Old 06-16-2016, 09:38 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

VP is doing some really interesting fuels. I like what they doing with shelf life of gas for collector cars.

More than you need to know about gas.

Richard Newton
Old 06-16-2016, 01:25 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

I think the oxygenated specification is unrelated to performance.

To do get a little more horsepower, mix the higher octane with what you have in your tank to bump up the octane a few points and just leave the programming stock to keep your car reliable while your out there in the desert.

As an example benefit of mixing gas with higher octane, I ran at SIR drag strip a consistent 13.60 ET in an '99 LS1 Camaro Z28 SS 6 speed all day long. No matter what I did, I couldn't bring the number down any more as the car was. Its an expected ET for the car on that track in that environment. The car was completely stock except the B&M Ripper shifter.

After mixing a couple gallons of the racing gas the track sells (110 unleaded I think), I made another run and pulled a 13.4 ET. It was a repeatable improvement run after run.

Get notified of new replies

To Oxygenated Fuels? Anyone run them?

Quick Reply: Oxygenated Fuels? Anyone run them?