Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tire assistance and informed opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 12:26 PM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Default Need tire assistance and informed opinions

I'm in desperate need of tires. I'm currently running OEM c6z wheels with hoosier slicks and looking for replacements. The only option I have on the table right now is:

Rear
Pirelli
305/690/19

Front
285/645/18

Keep in mind this on OEM wheels.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2016, 11:59 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

You need to be way more specific. You have other options at least in terms of other sticky tires, though maybe not in slicks. Hoosier A's and R7's come in sizes that work. Slicks you are pretty well stuck I think not much call for 19" slicks as I recall.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:58 AM
STALION
Le Mans Master

Location: ALL governments are legalized mobsters, so doesn't matter where I live :(
Received 184 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
You need to be way more specific. You have other options at least in terms of other sticky tires, though maybe not in slicks. Hoosier A's and R7's come in sizes that work. Slicks you are pretty well stuck I think not much call for 19" slicks as I recall.
I'm looking for scrubs specifically but not limited to any brand. Trying to keep cost down since I do a lot of hpde events. I reached out to one of the sponsors and this is all he has available. The 325/ 710/ 19 Continentals are way to tall and this is the only other option I see working. I just wanted others opinions in case I miss anything.

Get notified of new replies

To Need tire assistance and informed opinions

Quick Reply: Need tire assistance and informed opinions