Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got Alignment - Yikes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 07:34 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

StreetSpeed, PM sent.
Old 09-27-2016, 08:07 AM
romandian
Drifting

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
How soon do you need the camber kit? I'll have our kit available soon which will be the Last Word in adjustability and there's no way I could charge $350 for them and look myself in the mirror.

not sure what im seeing in the picture. is that a hex plate?
Old 09-27-2016, 04:23 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by romandian
not sure what im seeing in the picture. is that a hex plate?
Yeah it's a hex. It's indexable for large camber adjustments on the lower arms but still has square edges so it won't move on you like a factory eccentric. I'll sell it as a full kit with shims for the top so you can fine tune with the front upper control arms as needed. Depending on your setup and alignment specs one "click" of the plate is good for .75-1 degree of camber adjustment.

The hex is most helpful in the rear however, where there are no upper control arms to shim in and out for camber adjustment (unless you have a C6Z). SO rather than buying and not using a whole bunch of plates for rear, you only have one to deal with. I'm behind the 8 ball on producing the kits, though. I have all the materials, just need to devote some CNC time to crank them out. I'll try and get some parts cut this week so I can have them anodized and engraved and ready to sell within a few weeks.

Edit: We had an impact at Watkins Glen last weekend. Car is effed up but fixable. Hit was hard enough to crack the cradle, but you'll see the camber is still good to go!

Last edited by StreetSpeed; 09-27-2016 at 04:28 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bad_AX (10-01-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

I'll go non-anodized for quicker delivery!

Ugly crack, what does the rest of the car look like (or was the impact isolated to the suspension).
Old 09-27-2016, 08:09 PM
StreetSpeed
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rx7Rob
I'll go non-anodized for quicker delivery!

Ugly crack, what does the rest of the car look like (or was the impact isolated to the suspension).
Got your PM Rob. Let me crank these out this week and I'll get back to you by the end of the week on a kit.

Picture of car is below. It's fixable, and looks worse than it is (I hope!)
Old 09-29-2016, 10:17 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 725 Likes on 505 Posts

A few more observations and comments. If you lock your concentrics fully out, fully in, or rotated up into the pocket, they are less likely to move. Maybe not ideal but better than throwing away a weekend

my camber plates reuse stock bolts, i hate wasting perfectly good hardware

Adjusting Castor at either the upper or lower control arms should not effect bump steer.....that would require a relative height adjustement between the control arms and steering arm.

Never adjust ride height without scales. Never assume slack of symmetry means something is amiss....cars are just buckets of bolts, they are never the same. Ride height adjusters, camber concentrics, tie rod ends, etc....are rarely the same on both sides of a car

good luck
Old 09-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Rx7Rob
Drifting

Thanks for the tips!

Got the alignment and heights close today. Sunday I'll get the car on scales. Back to the alignment shop in a week then two days at Summit to finish up my events for the year.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:36 AM
nitrouspaul
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

ill take a set of these plates too
Old 10-03-2016, 12:20 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by spearfish25
I can't even get under the car far enough to mark the front cams without raising the car. Then they aren't in the right position to mark them.

Someone please tell my wife I need a four post lift.
get some cheap ramps.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 560 Likes on 270 Posts

Posting here as well in case there is a different audience in this thread. Sorry for the spam. Moderators if I need remove one let me know.

Here they are folks. Sending a kit out to a CF member today for testing purposes. I engraved these on the CNC post-anodize. They'll be laser engraved on the finished parts.

Hope to have complete kits ready to sell within 2 weeks. I'll blow out the first 10 sets to CF members for $275 shipping included. After that they'll probably be $315.

Quick Reply: Finally Got Alignment - Yikes