Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tips from my run? C5Z, still adjusting to the car and the new RE-71Rs

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 03:52 AM
TurbineSurgine
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You need to get a chemical sprayer from the hardware store and water them down between runs, especially if you have double drivers. Re71rs heat fast and get greasy easily if you drive aggressively or over drive them. Who put on the autocross? I surprised porter potties are set up where they are.

Last edited by TurbineSurgine; 07-18-2017 at 03:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Fast Cars & Horses
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Acid666
Man I really want to go wider in the back but I'm trying to prolong the life of em by being able to rotate em. Can the stock 18" Z06 rim fit a 335?
I'm putting my 335's on an 18"x 12" wide rim. Your stock wheel is 10 1/2" and that puts it outside of the recommended 315 tops for that size wheel. I would ask others on here what they are safely using.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Acid666
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by TurbineSurgine
You need to get a chemical sprayer from the hardware store and water them down between runs, especially if you have double drivers. Re71rs heat fast and get greasy easily if you drive aggressively or over drive them. Who put on the autocross? I surprised porter potties are set up where they are.

This may be something I need to start doing. The last video was from a Delta-SCCA event (that's the New Orleans area group). Low turnout due to the scattered thunderstorms.
The first video in the thread was from a SoWeLa event. That's the Lake Charles group.
The other group around me is Cenla, around Baton Rouge. So within 2 hours I've got 3 different groups with races so I've got plenty of options. Personally I prefer Delta because they usually run at Nola Motorsports and have a proper autocross pad that's awesome for traction and drainage.

Quick Reply: Tips from my run? C5Z, still adjusting to the car and the new RE-71Rs