Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 01:23 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,398 Likes on 749 Posts

Originally Posted by thebishman
Hulkenberg: great guy and scoring points, but again put a young, talented hot shoe in the car. How many points then?
This is the only one I don't really agree with. IMO Hulk's given Haas the most consistent performance they've had since they slid down into the 3rd tier of teams. Ever since the Ferrari engines were found to be illegal and neutered Haas has struggled, sometimes mightily. Last part of past season they started sort of getting their feet underneath them, and this season Hulk's actually getting some points. So I'd keep him around, at least to have a measure to hold the new startup hot shoe to replace KMag.

As far as Stroll goes, FIA ought to pull his superlicense.

Have a good one,
Mike
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 01:15 PM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Received 735 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteDrmr
This is the only one I don't really agree with. IMO Hulk's given Haas the most consistent performance they've had since they slid down into the 3rd tier of teams. Ever since the Ferrari engines were found to be illegal and neutered Haas has struggled, sometimes mightily. Last part of past season they started sort of getting their feet underneath them, and this season Hulk's actually getting some points. So I'd keep him around, at least to have a measure to hold the new startup hot shoe to replace KMag.

As far as Stroll goes, FIA ought to pull his superlicense.

Have a good one,
Mike
I really like Nico, so I did have second thoughts but here’s my reasoning: the Haas has made great strides and is easily a mid-field runner now with the Hulk driving it. Put an Oli Bearman in that car and it could really move up the order. Yes, the Hulk and Bearman would probably be a good fit, but I say put two new hotshoes in there and build the team around them.
VetteDrmr (04-23-2024)
Old 04-23-2024, 01:21 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

I really like Nico, so I did have second thoughts but here’s my reasoning: the Haas has made great strides and is easily a mid-field runner now with the Hulk driving it. Put an Oli Bearman in that car and it could really move up the order. Yes, the Hulk and Bearman would probably be a good fit, but I say put two new hotshoes in there and build the team around them.
Oooh, Bearman in a Haas!
Old 04-23-2024, 01:42 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,277 Likes on 795 Posts

That's what I think too, and without even mentioning the Troll case, I'd say it's high time to bring in some new talent that's been waiting : Bearman has shown all his talent, Lawson is waiting for Ricci to be ejected, and Pourchaire, you US, got to know him this weekend, and there are others, like Antonelli, Martins etc etc etc. Why train youngsters in academies and not employ them at home or borrow them to other teams?

The following 2 users liked this post by BKorsaire:
thebishman (04-24-2024), VetteDrmr (04-23-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 03:53 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

The speed of Maxoo vs Checo
Old 04-24-2024, 11:54 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

"Lance Troll..."
thebishman (04-24-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 03:26 PM
Subfixer
POSSE ZR-1 Driver
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 105 Likes on 68 Posts

Wow, that video shows how backing up the corner gets a better launch at track out. Checo goes really deep, but Max gets out better.
Old 04-24-2024, 05:57 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

According to information from several sources, including Sport1 , Hulk is set to join the Sauber team, the future Audi, for a new F1 adventure in 2025 for .3 years. To replace whom? it doesn't matter, it seems that the 2 current drivers will be ejected by Audi, which is hoping for Carlito, but the latter is playing for time and is also scouting La Canette if Stappen were to leave, which I don't believe he will, and Merco, which would only offer him a year, no doubt testing Antonelli to bring him on board in 2026. A bit complicated this billard
Old Yesterday, 11:33 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Rumours heating up, guys:

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/27219...-red-bull.html
The following 2 users liked this post by thebishman:
BKorsaire (Yesterday), VetteDrmr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

That's right, The Bish, the news is in full swing here. His future destination is unclear, but there's talk of a shock transfer to Féfé, Aston or Merco. In the 1st case, he would be fulfilling one of his wishes from the past, in the 2nd he would be joining the super team that Lawrence Stroll wants to build and in the 3rd he could be joining... Max Verstappen but, once again, I don't believe it.

This announcement could indeed trigger a series of departures at Red Bull Racing, starting with Dr Helmut Marko and other engineers.

Last edited by BKorsaire; Yesterday at 12:44 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:27 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Well, that's all very interesting....
But the real F1 fans here are still waiting to learn the outcome of Horny Spice's texting scandal.
Old Today, 10:16 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

News of the day: Hulk at Sauber then Audi from 2025. Bearman becomes Haas's priority. So Carlito can only go to Merco, or La Canette, unlikely this last solution, IMO.

The competition will have to wait until 2027 if they want to recruit Newey, and leaving RB without gardening risks revealing a colossal deed.
Old Today, 11:44 AM
thebishman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BKorsaire
News of the day: Hulk at Sauber then Audi from 2025. Bearman becomes Haas's priority. So Carlito can only go to Merco, or La Canette, unlikely this last solution, IMO.

The competition will have to wait until 2027 if they want to recruit Newey, and leaving RB without gardening risks revealing a colossal deed.

BK: given the turmoil within the RB team, I'm wondering if there is a clause in Newey's contract that would allow him to leave WITHOUT having to take a 'Gardening Leave'.

We should find out soon.
Old Today, 11:49 AM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Sainz is way too talented to have his options limited to only M-B or RB.
Lance needs to be relocated anyway...
Old Today, 01:11 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

BK : étant donné les troubles au sein de l'équipe RB, je me demande s'il y a une clause dans le contrat de Newey qui lui permettrait de partir SANS avoir à prendre un « congé de jardinage ».

Nous devrions le savoir bientôt.
Mike, I think the case must be very complex and managed with a cloud of lawyers around the table. Laurence Stroll has made a proposal that Cyclops himself said RB couldn't match, but I think that at this level of salary already and given his age, the extra money isn't the issue for Newey but the ethics, the reputation, the discretion, the serenity and the challenge. I think Vasseur will do everything in his power to put a Féfé dream team back on the track.

It's live, breaking news : big meeting between Jos, Vermeulen (Maxoo manager), Maxoo and Toto and Merco executives after the Miami GP: Maxoo already has a pre-contract with Merco and Merco is said to be ready to go up to 150 M€/year!!!! Things are starting to move!
Nowanker (Today)
Old Today, 05:59 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

If they play their cards right, maybe they can get Max, but leave Jos at RB!
Old Today, 06:06 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Nowanker
If they play their cards right, maybe they can get Max, but leave Jos at RB!
That would cost an extra $50M/year.