Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 Chat Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 11:38 AM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

That's not good.
I hope it's not another culture problem between the Japanese and Europeans (ie, McLaren).
Old 01-06-2019, 12:18 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Niki has had a setback:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...ntensive_care/
Old 01-07-2019, 10:18 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles
Received 1,276 Likes on 794 Posts

The rumour is on the front page (à la une in French, 1st page...) of La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Italian sports daily announces that Maurizio Arrivabene, Ferrari's F1 boss, should be replaced by its technical director, Mattia Binotto. Confirmation would be imminent, John Elkann's decision took at Xmas.

Rumours of disagreement between the two men had been circulating for many months, I had relayed them here. In November, "Arrivamale" had even had to deny rumours of Binotto's departure. In the end, the opposite is likely to happen.

''Arrivamale'' would pay for the lack of success against the Centaur Mercedes-Ham V. Finally, Ham V managed to make Féfé doubt and cause disorder in them, a small shortcut on my part, especially at a time when Leclerc needs management...
Old 01-07-2019, 11:07 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Location: Chartres, with a cathedral of XII Century in the middle of the wheat fields FRANCE, la Belle et ses Iles

Official : Pinocchio, sorry, Binoclo, sorry, sorry, Binotto in charge.

That was Marchionne's intention. Arrivamale and Pinocchio could no longer work together. Ferrari had the choice : keep Arriva and let Pino go following the offers of Merco and Renault with the consequences of industrial leaks that could have given a competitive advantage to one of these 2 teams.The decision was to keep Binotto, the boss of the PU engineers.

The Italian internal wars have a hard life, it's a historical thing, the Italian union as a single and indivisible Nation is recent, 1871...
Old 01-07-2019, 12:06 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by BKorsaire

The Italian internal wars have a hard life, it's a historical thing, the Italian union as a single and indivisible Nation is recent, 1871...
Hey now...the Roman Empire lasted for 400 years.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:10 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Excuse me, but the Western Roman Empire died in 476. The Roman Empire but outside Italy, called the Byzantine Empire or Constantinople (actually Turquie) died around 1276 after the Crusades, before 476 there were already 2 separate empires. And without assistance from each other. It was the invaders from the East who followed in Italy, a geographical place and not a Nation or a country united. Then in the Middle Ages, medieval erea, until the middle of the 19th century, the former empire in geographical Italy was a succession of dukedoms (Tuscany, Florence, Mantua etc...) waging war against each other, controlled by the kingdoms of France and Spain. The old Empire was therefore Spanish and French by controlling dukedoms. It was France, with Napoleon III, that encouraged and protected Cavour's actions to bring about the emergence of a single United Nation, a similar process for Prussia, which had become Germany a little earlier. By making it very simple. Ave fratres (au revoir, hi bro in Latin Caesar linguage, I speak this dead linguage)
Old 01-07-2019, 02:29 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

"With immediate effect, Mattia Binotto takes over as team manager of Scuderia Ferrari. All technical departments will continue to respond directly to him." ( Féfé dixit, communiqué)

So Bino has 2 hats, his former job and the job of Arriva fired ! Wow.
The following users liked this post:
Subfixer (01-07-2019)
Old 01-07-2019, 05:20 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

I think this exit of ''Arrivamale'' weakens a little more the position of leader of V4. He has always fought to keep Räikkö and ''Arrivamale'' in their places. So the next one on the list, if there is no success at WDC 2019, is him. Crashtappen must already be smiling cynically, the daggers are ready backstage...Crashta has a great future in front of him in this new year.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:46 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Ferrari : new pilot in the simulator in place of Kvyat and Giovi : Pascal Wehrlein. Maranello is searching a 2nd pilot for this fondamental job of simulation.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:16 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Ferrari : new pilot in the simulator in place of Kvyat and Giovi : Pascal Wehrlein. Maranello is searching a 2nd pilot for this fondamental job of simulation.
A good choice.
Wehrlein was a fast driver, but his stupidity got him thrown out of a seat on the grid.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:28 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Excuse me, but the Western Roman Empire died in 476. The Roman Empire but outside Italy, called the Byzantine Empire or Constantinople (actually Turquie) died around 1276 after the Crusades, before 476 there were already 2 separate empires. And without assistance from each other. It was the invaders from the East who followed in Italy, a geographical place and not a Nation or a country united. Then in the Middle Ages, medieval erea, until the middle of the 19th century, the former empire in geographical Italy was a succession of dukedoms (Tuscany, Florence, Mantua etc...) waging war against each other, controlled by the kingdoms of France and Spain. The old Empire was therefore Spanish and French by controlling dukedoms. It was France, with Napoleon III, that encouraged and protected Cavour's actions to bring about the emergence of a single United Nation, a similar process for Prussia, which had become Germany a little earlier. By making it very simple. Ave fratres (au revoir, hi bro in Latin Caesar linguage, I speak this dead linguage)
I was measuring the length of the Empire from its 1st Emperor (Augustus - 27BC) to its last of the united Empire (Theodosius - 395AD).
Old 01-08-2019, 03:01 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by sunsalem
A good choice.
Wehrlein was a fast driver, but his stupidity got him thrown out of a seat on the grid.
What did he do? I forgot...
Old 01-08-2019, 03:07 PM
D K
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

Ferrari does it again!

Another knee jerk reaction while Toto is on his 3rd Margarita
Old 01-08-2019, 05:11 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

A good choice.
I was measuring the length of the Empire from its 1st Emperor (Augustus - 27BC) to its last of the united Empire (Theodosius - 395AD).
I am surprised at your Roman knowledge, Bravo Sun. They were really the best, these Romans.

Pascal W, I don't even know if he was fast, he doesn't leave me any memories, unlike Maldonator...lol. There was really no one on the market for this job at Féfé ...
Old 01-08-2019, 08:17 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Originally Posted by D K
What did he do? I forgot...
He rubbed the wrong people the wrong way.
Rumors of not being a team player, plus his injury at ROC and subsequent absence from the Williams garage didn't help.

Originally Posted by D K
Ferrari does it again!

Another knee jerk reaction while Toto is on his 3rd Margarita
Well played, sir...

I am surprised at your Roman knowledge, Bravo Sun. They were really the best, these Romans.
Fnck the Romans for their cruelty to people and animals.
They gave a lot to civilization all while showing the worst side of humanity.
The following users liked this post:
D K (01-09-2019)
Old 01-09-2019, 01:45 PM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Ave Sun,
Manichaeism with angel and demon separated is only in the Bible because we all have dark areas in us. You mean the conditions of Roman hegemony I think ? Slavery ? Certainly and even among the Greeks with paedophile philosophers. However, should the baby be thrown out with the bath water on the pretext that the water is dirty ? On the other hand, the guys in front of the ''centurions and légionnaires' were also not nice boys : battle of Teutoburg 9AD, ignored in Rome by the plebs ( latin : the People) because of the enormous disaster, their biggest defeat undoubtedly, heads of centurions and legionnaires all over the trees. I would be happy to discuss about History or other topics with you, in mp not to disturb others or by email, it would be a great pleasure frates Sun, really, I like the exchange of point of view.

F1 news today : not much. Abitboul announces that the Viry-Chatillon engine plant worked tirelessly during the time between Christmas and New Year and that Renault has made a major leap forward in terms of power. Coming from Abitboul, I prefer to wait and see in Barcelona...

How curious : Cyclopus Markus about the Honda engine to Auto Motor und Sport: "We are aware that it will probably be limited with reliability," admits the head of the Red Bull. ''It is very likely that we will not be able to do the whole season with three engines. We expect to have to use five of them to compete in all the Grand Prix events in the championship''. Excuse me Herr Doctor but I feel I'm going to laugh a lot from Barcelona...I hear Crastappen in the radio replacing the word Renault by Honda GP2...I can't wait for the F1 circus to start again...

Silverstone : a new re asphalted track scheduled for this year after...2018 the pilotes complained about the bumps and the Moto GP did not take place because of the lack of drainage of an asphalt that was too impermeable. The following (?)/future of the 1st GP of the history of F1 is in discussion.

Last edited by BKorsaire; 01-09-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:12 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

RB decides to use MB's controversial wheels:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...al_wheel_rims/

Niki isn't doing too well:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6...uda_condition/

Honda gives RB a "party mode" for 2019:
http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/6..._a_party_mode/

Max sets world record in iRacing:

Get notified of new replies

To F1 Chat Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 11:10 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

He will replace Bouboule (Boobool if you prefer, it's not really nice) Eric Boullier, the British team operated without a real head, Zak Brown is neither an engineering technician nor a strategist. From now on, the Formula 1 team will be led by Andreas Seidl, who has had a prestigious background curriculum vitae: WEC at Porsche, Seild's work at Porsche was crowned by a victory in the 24 Hours (2015, 2016 and 2017) and three world titles in Endurance (2015, 2016 and 2017). after having already done F1 at BMW Sauber 2006-200), Operations Director, he will be in charge of all operations. I think it's a huge challenge for him and it seems to me that Ron would have approved this approach: Seidl will supervise the technical part entrusted to James Key, future newcomer; the production part managed by Simon Roberts and the track operations part led by Paul James. finally a real Boss at Mc !

Well guys, McLaren will present in 2019 a brand new face with :
a new technical director, James Key, formerly Toro Rosso, who should take charge of the 2020 single-seater,

a brand new duo of drivers, Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris,

De Ferran, the father of the "fiancé" of "Vandoo", former Indycar competitor, is planning to take over the Indy team that will be running Alonso in the 500 Miles while waiting for a full-time commitment in the US Championship.

Be careful with the dispersion of staff, managers and ideas....

Bottas: Valtteri Bottas' personal sponsor, Wihuti Group, has decided to stop supporting the Finnish pilot and is leaving Formula 1 definitively, very disappointed by his final position at the WDC. It seems that Bottas was also very disappointed by this decision and even sad ! wow the wingman !
Old 01-10-2019, 12:46 PM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,397 Likes on 749 Posts

Bottas: Valtteri Bottas' personal sponsor, Wihuti Group, has decided to stop supporting the Finnish pilot and is leaving Formula 1 definitively, very disappointed by his final position at the WDC. It seems that Bottas was also very disappointed by this decision and even sad ! wow the wingman !
Wow! That's got to be a really tough hit for Bottas, and a harbinger of storm clouds on the #2 driver horizon at Mercedes. One final year on his contract, IIRC.

Thanks for the info, and have a good one,
Mike
Old 01-11-2019, 04:02 AM
BKorsaire
Melting Slicks

Tere is a hot topic for everyone in Europe that will affect the F1 that I don't think anyone is talking about in the USA: le Brexit.

Mme T. May has very little political leeway, the public has understood that it will be hard for him and wants to vote again but it seems impossible. 29 March 2019 : if it finds nothing acceptable to the UK parliament, it will be a hard Brexit and all F1 teams will be impacted, except 3 and a half :
Ferrari Maranello Italy
Scuderia Toro Rosso Rosso Faenza Italy
Sauber Hinwill Switzerland
Renault engine department Viry Chatillon France but which will have to send its engines to Enstone UK for assembly.

This is a subject that fundamentally affects the F1 Economy and therefore its business model (taxes, logistics, import-export facilities for customs procedures...) and I am surprised that the FIA does not communicate more. It is unthinkable that F1 should leave its F1 valley technology in Oxfordshire where all the teams are quite close, which is interesting for the exchange of ideas and personnel and for subcontractors. The consequences in terms of flow of this non-agreement would be immediately visible on future GPs in terms of calendar, number of GPs and deadlines between them.

I buy my detailing products in UK, I am going to place an order to be quiet free taxes.