Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DTC 70 sparking on new rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:24 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Default DTC 70 sparking on new rotors?

I just installed some DBA rotors and DTC 70 pads and when I did some hard brakes from 60ish I was getting sparking but only from the left front... I wouldn't have been worried if it was both front but for some reason it was only the left front. The pads were definitely inserted correctly, does anybody have any ideas as to why it would only come from one wheel and not the other?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:57 PM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 221 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Swap pads side to side

Try swapping the pads from left to right and see if the sparking moves with the pads.

Originally Posted by freaknbigpanda
I just installed some DBA rotors and DTC 70 pads and when I did some hard brakes from 60ish I was getting sparking but only from the left front... I wouldn't have been worried if it was both front but for some reason it was only the left front. The pads were definitely inserted correctly, does anybody have any ideas as to why it would only come from one wheel and not the other?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:58 PM
2Fass240us
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My DTC-60 and -70 have always sparked when I bed them. Usually it's at night after I finish an install and am bedding before a track event; I can only imagine what a bystander would think.

As to why it isn't happening on both sides, I'm not sure. Is it possible it's happening and you can't see it because you're on the wrong side of the car?

-Andy
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 PM
rabrooks
Drifting

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 2Fass240us
My DTC-60 and -70 have always sparked when I bed them. Usually it's at night after I finish an install and am bedding before a track event; I can only imagine what a bystander would think.

As to why it isn't happening on both sides, I'm not sure. Is it possible it's happening and you can't see it because you're on the wrong side of the car?

-Andy
Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 PM
freaknbigpanda
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

It isn’t just because I’m on the wrong side and can’t see, it was pitch black outside on the left side they were easily visible above the hood but I saw nothing on the right . I’m going to try to swap the pads over and see what happens.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:54 AM
2Fass240us
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It isn’t just because I’m on the wrong side and can’t see, it was pitch black outside on the left side they were easily visible above the hood but I saw nothing on the right . I’m going to try to swap the pads over and see what happens.
The "pitch black" piece helps. I'm not really sure why that would happen then. Best of luck.

Get notified of new replies

To DTC 70 sparking on new rotors?

Quick Reply: DTC 70 sparking on new rotors?