Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Recommendation - C7 GS/Z06 occasional Auto-X alignments set up...

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 08:40 PM
Nitro-C5

Received 3,063 Likes on 904 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'12, '14-'15

Default Need Recommendation - C7 GS/Z06 occasional Auto-X alignments set up...

I'm trying my very best to enjoy my (mostly) stock GS for awhile before I go crazy with mods again. I raced for several years so of course I understand that performance mods (especially alignments) are a huge trade off between comfort/tire wear/track performance.

To that point. I have decided for 2018 season I am going to go with custom 18" wheels running 315/335 Hoosier A7's. This is a street car which I will drive occasionally and only doing ~12 Auto-X races and maybe a track day in 2018. I understand to get the most out of A7 you need to go aggressive on Camber (I used to run them on my c5 track car) but I am NOT looking to make this a full blown race car by any means. Even if I stayed with the stock alignment it would be a big jump up form the stock tires.

All of that said I am looking for (2) things.

#1) Does anyone one know the actual stock Alignment settings for GS and/or Z06....normal and also Z07 Package. I did abit of research but coming up with several different options. The most reliable (I think) is

Camber
Front: -.5
Rear: - .5

Toe
Front: + .10
Rear: Neutral

Castor
Front: + 7.4 front
Rear: Neutral

Can anyone confirm it that is accurate?

#2) Based upon my goals of running the normal Pilot SS for normal driving and changing to race tires once per month for an Auto-X what would be a good compromise in normal tire wear/handling and also making the A7 work abit better? I have also done abit of research on this and have opinions kinda all over the place as well. Below is what I think may be a decent trade that I found but it looks a little more like specs for a Road Course. Thoughts/advice/opinions on alignment for this car with these tires?

Camber
Front: - 1.6
Rear: - 1.2

Toe
Front: - .5
Rear: - .5

Castor
Front: + 7.5
Rear: + .7
Old 12-03-2017, 09:34 PM
Nitro-C5

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

...Anyone...anyone....Bueller?
Old 12-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Nitro-C5

Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

So no one in here is running A7's on a Grand Sport or Z06?
Old 12-05-2017, 10:06 AM
v10climber
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

It's a street class car. Which basically means you can't get enough camber (if it's anything like the c5 and c6). So max camber front and rear. Then set toe however you prefer. Typically a little bit of toe-in in the rear and a little out or zero up front. FWIW my C5 STU car was street driven with -3.5 camber up front and -2.3 in the rear with very very little amounts of odd tire wear.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:18 PM
0Adrian @ F.A.S.T.
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For the street/ track I would do -Toe out the front very slightly( almost 0 toe)
- Toe in the rear 1/8 (total)
- Caster front 7.5
-Camber front -1.5 - -2.0
-Camber rear -1 - -1.7

Won't wear tires too differently than stock, toe being totally off is what really kills tires.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Recommendation - C7 GS/Z06 occasional Auto-X alignments set up...

Quick Reply: Need Recommendation - C7 GS/Z06 occasional Auto-X alignments set up...