Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monoball, Spherical bearing replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 05:28 PM
fmcokc
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 66 Posts

Default Monoball, Spherical bearing replacement

For those of you that have spherical bearings in your suspension control arms, what are you replacing them with when they get loose?

I installed sphericals in my control arms a while back and now they sound like you are dropping a box of bolts on the floor at every little bump. I figure that the ones that came in the package were probably not the best of quality so I'm looking to replace them with a higher quality bearing.

I have seen some vendors saying that the use the Aurora Race series bearings. Anyone have experience with these?
Old 05-25-2018, 06:00 PM
TomdaToolman
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 168 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by fmcokc
For those of you that have spherical bearings in your suspension control arms, what are you replacing them with when they get loose?

I installed sphericals in my control arms a while back and now they sound like you are dropping a box of bolts on the floor at every little bump. I figure that the ones that came in the package were probably not the best of quality so I'm looking to replace them with a higher quality bearing.

I have seen some vendors saying that the use the Aurora Race series bearings. Anyone have experience with these?
Check with AMT, they use the best bearings available!
Old 05-25-2018, 08:22 PM
0CSM Performance
Former Vendor

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Aurora makes very high quality bearings. They have a couple different ranges with differing strength level and to my knowledge they are made in The States.

-Colton @ CSM Performance LLC
Old 05-25-2018, 09:44 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by fmcokc

We use a Radial RWT-10 in our stuff. Don’t think it gets much better than that. My cost is $18.50 each and I buy 160 at a time. Don’t think you can buy them unless you have an account with them however. I gaurantee these bearings for 5 Years in our control arms, though I expect them to last much longer than that.

However since I don’t think you can buy those, the FK Wide series is also quite good, and is what is actually installed in my car. I used them for the prototype set before I discovered Radial. I’ve had them in for 4 years with no issues.

Last edited by Mark@AMT Motorsport; 05-25-2018 at 09:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mark@AMT Motorsport:
fmcokc (05-27-2018), Nowanker (05-26-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Monoball, Spherical bearing replacement

Quick Reply: Monoball, Spherical bearing replacement