Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need tpms acceptable pressure range 2013 z06

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 11:49 AM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,745 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Ok...the curiosity is killing me.

What's the benefit of doing this vs just running with the sensors installed? Believe me, I totally get the engineering exercise sort of stuff....guilty as charged. Just curious if I'm missing something. I can understand that if someone was endurance racing and was going to be pitting and swapping wheels/tires in the heat of battle this would be important. For a 30 minute track session or an auto-x day I'm stumped

What you really need are my 2-piece rotors to know >20 pounds of rotating mass off the car
Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Dearborn
Pull the battery ground cable and leave disconnected for 1 minute. Then before reconnecting the cable touch it to the positive cable and hold it for a few seconds. This should discharge any charges that have been stored in the electronics. Then reconnect the cable and drive the car to see what happens.

When you pulled the steering sensor connector under the dash and the ABS failed did you get DTC C0252?

Bill
I just did a disconnect for 1 hr and drove it, no change whatsoever. I will try touching the terminals and do it again.

Crosses fingers.

Fussy little car, humph.

THX

Last edited by froggy47; 07-09-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:32 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by 96GS#007

What's the benefit of doing this vs just running with the sensors installed? Believe me, I totally get the engineering exercise sort of stuff....guilty as charged. Just curious if I'm missing something. I can understand that if someone was endurance racing and was going to be pitting and swapping wheels/tires in the heat of battle this would be important. For a 30 minute track session or an auto-x day I'm stumped

What you really need are my 2-piece rotors to know >20 pounds of rotating mass off the car
I usually end up with 3-5 sets of different wheels. It would be nice to just swap any set on and go, not needing to buy 20 sensors and do the learn dance so much.
Old 07-09-2018, 03:34 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by 96GS#007

Rotors (mine) good, but weight loss is better, you got them on the f/s board? For stock calipers?

Last edited by froggy47; 07-09-2018 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:10 PM
froggy47
Race Director

So I disc. for 1hr touched/rubbed/held pos/neg before and after. Drove it 10 mi 20 min up to 60 ish.
One change I noted, the blinking ck eng light would go off for a few 6-8 seconds (like it was trying to go off) then come back and blink more for a few min. Did this 3-4 times.

Do you guys think this is a multi drive cycle thing before the warning go away?

We're shooting dark with no tech2 and no fsm. I know.

I'll get the tool wed, but have no access to 2013 fsm. There is an ebay pdf that I supposed is better than nothing for a few bucks. I'll get that.

THX stick with me.

Old 07-10-2018, 03:58 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Pull the battery ground cable and leave disconnected for 1 minute. Then before reconnecting the cable touch it to the positive cable and hold it for a few seconds. This should discharge any charges that have been stored in the electronics. Then reconnect the cable and drive the car to see what happens.

When you pulled the steering sensor connector under the dash and the ABS failed did you get DTC C0252?

Bill
Bill, I don't know the code, am getting tech2 clone tomorrow I hope, will post codes.

Old 07-10-2018, 04:00 PM
froggy47
Race Director

I am going to try the alldatadiy subscription. They have 2013 z06 I used it before & it's not bad, better than the cd's and cloud stuff online, not quite as good as fsm. I have fsm on my 2004.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:43 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

If you are at a track or autocross, try parking next to a 09-13 that is being driven and has the TPMS installed. Your car will pick up the signal and reset itself. We had a friend running time trials with a 10 Z06 and had just added new Hoosiers w/o TMPS. He was having the limp home mode come on after a few runs. One of our club members, a GM chassis engineer, told him to park it between two cars with the TMPS and his would reset. I am not sure how long it would work on 20 minute track run but for time trials it worked.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:58 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gordy M
If you are at a track or autocross, try parking next to a 09-13 that is being driven and has the TPMS installed. Your car will pick up the signal and reset itself. We had a friend running time trials with a 10 Z06 and had just added new Hoosiers w/o TMPS. He was having the limp home mode come on after a few runs. One of our club members, a GM chassis engineer, told him to park it between two cars with the TMPS and his would reset. I am not sure how long it would work on 20 minute track run but for time trials it worked.
If I could do that I would try it, but the car is stuck in limp mode so I really can't even drive it anywhere too far.

I have a tech2 coming today & subscribe to alldata so I am going to try to work it thru that.

thx

Old 07-13-2018, 12:43 AM
exracer28
Drifting

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by c5racr1
I have a tech 2, can’t turn it off. You can test it but not turn it off.
That is somewhat correct but with the 2001-2004 C5's you can remove the TPMS option code in the BCM with a Tech II. Also GM has provided select teams with a BCM that does not require TPMS and there is a least one company that will reprogram the BCM to treat TPMS error signals as you wish. My choice was to turn the light on and retain pressure display but never go into limp mode. I had a sensor fail in turn 7 at Road Atlanta and when I came out of the turn it went into limp mode and I felt bad for the people behind me as I did not have any warning it was going to happen. What made it even more interesting is that shortly after going into limp mode power came back just like nothing happened. This was in a 06 car.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:50 AM
c5racr1
Melting Slicks

Received 462 Likes on 331 Posts

He has a 2013, so what can be done to a 01-04 C5 is totally irrelevant.
Old 07-13-2018, 07:45 PM
froggy47
Race Director

tech2

Old 07-16-2018, 03:56 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Hi,

I believe tech2 is working & candi installed.

Should I use it to reset check engine and swps/traction control?

Help!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:23 PM
froggy47
Race Director

So a break thru today, Using the tech 2 and basically resetting the codes as I said before I put everything back the way it needs to be.
I drive, reset, drive reset. Sooooo, I keep getting Power train/ECM/p0300 and Chassis/EBCM/c0561 Symptom 71 (Tech 2 also provides "system disabled information stored, invalid serial data received"

Going old school and I'll be a SOB if the #6 plug wire is not hanging there like a limp d.... How the f THAT can be I do not know, 8k on the car when I got it. If You wanted to bet me a wire was off before I opened the hood I would have taken the bet.

So now I will reconnect said wire and run drive test again. Posting on scan/tune also.

BIG QUESTION, anyone know what Symptom 71 is? Can the tech 2 test/query/reset the EBCM?

At least some progress, it may be what I thought was limp mode was the hanging wire?

Chime it, make it useful, I know I should have LOOKED at the wires as soon as I got misfire, but I thought that going to limp mode (which maybe not) was accomplished by forced misfires. What do I know, but I'm learning.

Last edited by froggy47; 07-16-2018 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,930 Likes on 5,334 Posts

Originally Posted by froggy47
So a break thru today, Using the tech 2 and basically resetting the codes as I said before I put everything back the way it needs to be.
I drive, reset, drive reset. Sooooo, I keep getting Power train/ECM/p0300 and Chassis/EBCM/c0561 Symptom 71 (Tech 2 also provides "system disabled information stored, invalid serial data received"

Going old school and I'll be a SOB if the #6 plug wire is not hanging there like a limp d.... How the f THAT can be I do not know, 8k on the car when I got it. If You wanted to bet me a wire was off before I opened the hood I would have taken the bet.

So now I will reconnect said wire and run drive test again. Posting on scan/tune also.

BIG QUESTION, anyone know what Symptom 71 is? Can the tech 2 test/query/reset the EBCM?

At least some progress, it may be what I thought was limp mode was the hanging wire?

Chime it, make it useful, I know I should have LOOKED at the wires as soon as I got misfire, but I thought that going to limp mode (which maybe not) was accomplished by forced misfires. What do I know, but I'm learning.

The diagnostic for C0561 code doesn't mention anything about symptoms. It basically says there isn't anything wrong with the EBCM but there is something wrong with the data being sent from one of the modules that send it data including the BCM, ECM, IPC or TCM. With your car being a manual I think you can forget about the TCM. Diagnostic Procedure for the DTC:

DTC C0561 00: System Disabled Information Stored

Circuit/System Description

The electronic brake control module (EBCM) receives serial data messages from the body control module (BCM), engine control module (ECM), instrument panel cluster (IPC), and the transmission control module (TCM) which are needed to perform antilock brake system (ABS), vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES), or traction control system (TCS) functions.

Conditions for Running the DTC

Ignition voltage is greater than 10 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

The EBCM receives an invalid serial data message from another module.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets

• The EBCM disables the traction control system (TCS)/ vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES).
• A DIC message and/or a warning indicator may be displayed.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC

• The condition for the DTC is no longer present.
• The EBCM clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.

Diagnostic Aids
This DTC indicates that there are no problems in the EBCM. The BCM, ECM, IPC and the TCM should be checked for a possible fault.

Circuit/System Verification

1. With a scan tool, view the Invalid Signal Data Display.
2. If no invalid signal are present, view Signal Fault Data in the Enhanced DTC Data.
3. Refer to appropriate module for diagnosing the invalid message data.
4. Do not replace the EBCM due to this DTC fault.

Sounds like you are going to have fun figuring out how to use the Tech 2.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Dearborn; 07-16-2018 at 10:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
froggy47 (07-17-2018)
Old 07-17-2018, 01:17 PM
froggy47
Race Director

The diagnostic for C0561 code doesn't mention anything about symptoms. It basically says there isn't anything wrong with the EBCM but there is something wrong with the data being sent from one of the modules that send it data including the BCM, ECM, IPC or TCM. With your car being a manual I think you can forget about the TCM. Diagnostic Procedure for the DTC:

DTC C0561 00: System Disabled Information Stored

Circuit/System Description

The electronic brake control module (EBCM) receives serial data messages from the body control module (BCM), engine control module (ECM), instrument panel cluster (IPC), and the transmission control module (TCM) which are needed to perform antilock brake system (ABS), vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES), or traction control system (TCS) functions.

Conditions for Running the DTC
Ignition voltage is greater than 10 volts.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The EBCM receives an invalid serial data message from another module.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The EBCM disables the traction control system (TCS)/ vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES).
• A DIC message and/or a warning indicator may be displayed.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
• The condition for the DTC is no longer present.
• The EBCM clears the history DTC when a current DTC is not detected in 100 consecutive drive cycles.

Diagnostic AidsThis DTC indicates that there are no problems in the EBCM. The BCM, ECM, IPC and the TCM should be checked for a possible fault.

Circuit/System Verification
1. With a scan tool, view the Invalid Signal Data Display.
2. If no invalid signal are present, view Signal Fault Data in the Enhanced DTC Data.
3. Refer to appropriate module for diagnosing the invalid message data.
4. Do not replace the EBCM due to this DTC fault.

Sounds like you are going to have fun figuring out how to use the Tech 2.

Bill
It would be if I didn't have a race this weekend.

gulp.

Quick Reply: Need tpms acceptable pressure range 2013 z06