Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Use A C6 Cooling Fan Speed Controller?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 08:04 AM
C5Natie
Safety Car

Received 132 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Anyone Use A C6 Cooling Fan Speed Controller?

Was wondering if anyone here uses a fan speed controller for road racing or HPDE. The type that allows you to manually run the fan on LOW/HIGH or AUTO where the ECU controls it. Was thinking of using one along with my larger rad and Trackspec vents to keep temps in check especially on hot days. Thinking it might help keeping the fan on HIGH during sessions and on LOW in the pits to cool it down.
Old 08-23-2018, 12:11 PM
Nowanker
Melting Slicks
Pro Mechanic

Received 736 Likes on 546 Posts

Several different aftermarket PWM fan controllers available, and might be more straightforward to wire up.
I'm using one from 'Autocool' to operate the electric WP on my race car. Autocool seemed to have the best recommendations, Derale was not-so-good.
The following users liked this post:
C5Natie (08-28-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Glowing Rotors
St Jude Drive every year
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts
Default C6 Fan Contoller

Yes I have been using a Hi/Off/Lo fan controller for about 5 years now on my C6Z track car. Got it from West Coast Corvettes. It plugs in between the OEM Bosch controller and the fan. Works fine, although there is a lot of current which goes through and the plugs were occasionally not making contact. I ended up removing the plugs and soldering the wires. Has worked fine ever since.
The following users liked this post:
C5Natie (09-05-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Use A C6 Cooling Fan Speed Controller?

Quick Reply: Anyone Use A C6 Cooling Fan Speed Controller?