Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radical Information website

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Radical Information website

As some of you know one of the things I have enjoyed most about owning Radical racecars is sharing the experience with others and helping people transition into Radical ownership. A while ago I started keeping track of the Radicals that are for sale so that I could point people to good cars to purchase…This grew into a listing of cars by serial number which has been very helpful to me and people looking for cars. For example, it is fairly common for sellers to claim a car is a different year than it really is. When looking at the list it is much more obvious when someone claims a certain Chassis number car is a 2010, but all similar chassis numbers are from 2006.

I wanted to find a way for more people to benefit from this information so I just launched a website designed to help people transition to Radical ownership. The website has a Registry section where you can look up cars by Chassis serial number and it includes pictures and information about the car. There is a “Radical Forum” section where people can discuss and ask questions about Radicals. There is a “Radicals For Sale section” where people can list their cars for sale. And there is a Resource library (still under construction) where there will be new and historical brochures on the cars, Order sheet examples, and Owners and Mechanics manuals.

The website can be reached through two URL’s: www.RadicalSportscarRegistry.com, and www.RadicalsForSale.com. Please stop by and check it out and become a part of what I hope will grow into a worldwide community.

Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 09-03-2018 at 04:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Charley Hoyt:
Captain Buddha (09-04-2018), el es tu (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 06:28 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Any Radical owners please add your car to the Registry. Having your car documented could help you when you sell it in the future. Also if you are selling a Radical, for sale adds are Free.

Thanks,
Charley
Old 09-06-2018, 11:40 AM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Nothing compares to a purposely built race car like the radical. Which model do you own? Are you familiar with https://teamstradale.com the owner is my driving coach. I'll point him to your new site and hopefully he passes along to the many radical drivers at ABCC.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by edge04
Nothing compares to a purposely built race car like the radical. Which model do you own? Are you familiar with https://teamstradale.com the owner is my driving coach. I'll point him to your new site and hopefully he passes along to the many radical drivers at ABCC.
I definitely agree with you. 2.5 G’s through the corners and 2 G’s braking definitely puts a smile on your face. . I had an SR3 for many years, but recently sold it. Yes I know Francesco, in fact I talked with him today. But, please do bring it up with him... it always helps to have him hear about it from one of his customers.

Charley

Last edited by Charley Hoyt; 09-06-2018 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:43 PM
shawnZ1
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for a cool resource Charley. I was seduced by tracking exotics years ago, but race cars are simply addictive!
Old 09-10-2018, 11:34 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by shawnZ1
Thanks for a cool resource Charley. I was seduced by tracking exotics years ago, but race cars are simply addictive!
Yes, once you spend time in one of these exotics just aren’t that impressive anymore

Charley
Old 09-11-2018, 08:32 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I rented a SR3 for a session at VIR one time. Very, very cool. First time I'd ever driven a down force car and I absolutely loved it.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 PM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

We owned and raced a Prosport, and a Sr-3. Both Built Hayabusa’s , big fun with 240 hp in a 1100 lb car. Last race for me was at SCCA Nationals at Laguna Seca. Racing at Laguna Seca spanning over 5 decades. One track record, one serious crash, many great finish positions. Loved both Radicals, great cars.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Racer86
We owned and raced a Prosport, and a Sr-3. Both Built Hayabusa’s , big fun with 240 hp in a 1100 lb car. Last race for me was at SCCA Nationals at Laguna Seca. Racing at Laguna Seca spanning over 5 decades. One track record, one serious crash, many great finish positions. Loved both Radicals, great cars.
if you still have the chassis numbers and pictures please add them to the Radical Registry so others can benefit from the history you know about the cars.

Thanks,
Charley
Old 09-14-2018, 11:13 AM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Hey Charley, I don't want to turn this in to a rehash of the Radical forum but what do consumable costs look like for Radicals? Tires, brake, fuel, rebuild times and costs? I have to admit that I love tracking stock Corvettes with a warranty but the consumable costs are through the roof with the C7 ZR1. I might try to rent a couple sessions in one next time I'm at VIR. I see there's one for sale not too far from me either.
Old 09-14-2018, 12:45 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

I is fantastic Charlie got the radical website up and running. We need to take this discussion and some on other boards to the radical website to give the radical website a jump start.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:31 PM
edge04
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by argonaut
I rented a SR3 for a session at VIR one time. Very, very cool. First time I'd ever driven a down force car and I absolutely loved it.
surprised you can rent one, a lot of car for the average rental user. Is it a lead follow or you have it all to yourself?
Old 09-14-2018, 10:34 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
I is fantastic Charlie got the radical website up and running. We need to take this discussion and some on other boards to the radical website to give the radical website a jump start.
Yeah, I assumed it had been around forever and was going to be a lot to wade through. I'll post over there.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:36 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by edge04
surprised you can rent one, a lot of car for the average rental user. Is it a lead follow or you have it all to yourself?
Nope, the couple of events I've been at were at VIR and folks we either rented the car for the day or splitting it. You go out in normal sessions and run with the rest of the group. Somewhere I have footage of one of them pirouetting off track braking for T1.
Old 09-15-2018, 01:09 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Hey Charley, I don't want to turn this in to a rehash of the Radical forum but what do consumable costs look like for Radicals? Tires, brake, fuel, rebuild times and costs? I have to admit that I love tracking stock Corvettes with a warranty but the consumable costs are through the roof with the C7 ZR1. I might try to rent a couple sessions in one next time I'm at VIR. I see there's one for sale not too far from me either.
i answered your question over there. Let me know if you have any more questions..

Charley
Old 09-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Thanks Carl, I appreciate the support bringing this site to life.

Charley
Old 09-15-2018, 01:12 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Yeah, I assumed it had been around forever and was going to be a lot to wade through. I'll post over there.
It’s Only about a week old. I created it because it is really hard to get information on Radicals.

Charley
The following users liked this post:
Poor-sha (09-15-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Radical Information website

Old 09-17-2018, 08:26 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

LOL...consumable costs were a big reason I moved to a different car. For example, 1300 lbs wont even heat check a rotor, let alone crack one - so they last ~10 times longer than on a vette. Brad
Old 09-19-2018, 05:04 PM
blkbrd69
Drifting

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Charley;
Thank you for the links and websight.
The owners and mechanics book links are fantastic.
Keep thinking about a Radical, almost bought one twice.
Gone from the C6 to C6Z to Miata to ????
Old 09-20-2018, 02:16 AM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by blkbrd69
Charley;
Thank you for the links and websight.
The owners and mechanics book links are fantastic.
Keep thinking about a Radical, almost bought one twice.
Gone from the C6 to C6Z to Miata to ????
‘thanks, it was a lot of fun to pull the site together. When I got my car it was extremely difficult to find information on these cars, so I decided to create a resource for people to learn about these amazing machines. They are truly amazing to drive. Light weight, high downforce, paddle shift, and slicks... is an amazing combination on the track.

If anyone is interested in a real adrenaline rush.... a guy contacted me and is willing to sell two of his SR8’s for $40k each. This is $25k below market value but he just needs to dump them. This is the best deal I have seen in a long time. They are monsters, with ~440 hp in a 1300 pound car that has 1700 pounds of downforce!

Charley

Quick Reply: Radical Information website