Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 wheel set up for Super Street

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 09:05 AM
TimAF
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default C7 wheel set up for Super Street

I'm tired of running mid-pack with 300tw tires in SS I've been told the best SS setup is using C6 Z06 rears (19x12)? and 19x10's front with 285/30 front 305/30's in the rear. RE 71R's of course. My questions are: Can I run 305's in the front without rubbing? Would I want to? Does running 19's in the back mess with the computers? I'm having a difficult time finding someone to part with just the rear wheels.. Are there any other options (after market) for front and rear? What is the offset?

Thanks for your help
Old 03-01-2019, 11:56 AM
bcpower
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I run 305 RE-71 on the front and rear with 19X10 +40 front and 19x12 +59 rears and I use PTM with no issues.. I've never heard of a SS setup for a C7 that is better. I think the 285/30/19 is taller than the 305 so computer issues might be more pronouced. No major rubbing as long as your car is not too low. I use the Z06 replica wheels from Bob's house of wheels, they are heavy but they fit in my budget and they work.
The following users liked this post:
TimAF (03-01-2019)
Old 03-01-2019, 02:48 PM
strano@stranoparts.com
Supporting Vendor

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Steel brakes or Carbon? I have some other options that are lighter than replicas. I know they will fit on Carbon brake cars (bigger) with some spacer but you get really up against the wheel offset rule alllownce of +/-7mm. And I have done lots of Forgestar CF5's which have zero issue clearing the front brakes if you know how to order them. And they are legal offset as well.

I have a set of replica's too I picked up when I was in a big hurry for a set of 19's, they could anchor the USS Nimitz. Seriously they are about 7 pounds each more than the Forgestars.

305 square is the only workable option.
814-849-3450

More options than any other single company out there. More parts than any other single company I know: Brakes to Safety, Wheels to Exhaust. Suspension to Air Filters: Girodisc, Hawk, Raybestos, Essex Racing/AP, Ferodo, Wilwood, Penske, Koni, Borg Motorsport, Ridetech, Viking, After Dark Speed, Hotchkis, Bilstein, KW, Forgestar, BC Forged, Forgeline, MRR Wheels and on, and on, and on it goes.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:50 PM
jonparks
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

BCpower,
What wheels do you have?

Get notified of new replies

To C7 wheel set up for Super Street

Quick Reply: C7 wheel set up for Super Street