Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPDE - Pocono North w/VCVCC

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 03:19 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default HPDE - Pocono North w/VCVCC

The Cumberland Valley Corvette Club is hosting it's annual HPDE at Pocono North Course on May 4-5. We still have slots for most level drivers, including a few for novice group. This is a great opportunity to get on track for a reasonable fee. Novice drivers will be required to attend classroom sessions and will have an in-car instructor assigned; instructors will be available for intermediate drivers upon request. This is a fund raising event for our club with proceeds going to our Charity Fund. The event is priced very reasonably; the two day registration fee for Novice (with instructor) is $335, Intermediate drivers, $310, and Advanced is $285.

Note: Our insurance requires the following safety equipment; Snell 2010 or 2015 approved helmet (M, SA, or better), 5BC fire extinguisher mounted with a mental bracket and metal strap, and convertibles must have approved roll over protection (check for requirements).

I can probably answer most questions. See additional information and registration forms please see: cumberlandvalleycorvetteclub.org or contact Dave Walters, Event Chair, at david.j.walter@verizon.net

Thanks - hope to see you at the track!!
Mike

Last edited by PaConehead; 03-16-2019 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:11 PM
rbzo6
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by PaConehead
The Cumberland Valley Corvette Club is hosting it's annual HPDE at Pocono North Course on May 4-5. We still have slots for most level drivers, including a few for novice group. This is a great opportunity to get on track for a reasonable fee. Novice drivers will be required to attend classroom sessions and will have an in-car instructor assigned; instructors will be available for intermediate drivers upon request. This is a fund raising event for our club with proceeds going to our Charity Fund. The event is priced very reasonably; the two day registration fee for Novice (with instructor) is $335, Intermediate drivers, $310, and Advanced is $285.

Note: Our insurance requires the following safety equipment; Snell 2010 or 2015 approved helmet (M, SA, or better), 5BC fire extinguisher mounted with a mental bracket and metal strap, and convertibles must have approved roll over protection (check for requirements).

I can probably answer most questions. See additional information and registration forms please see: cumberlandvalleycorvetteclub.org or contact Dave Walters, Event Chair, at david.j.walter@verizon.net

Thanks - hope to see you at the track!!
Mike
Great first event of the season. Well run with plenty of track time.
See you there!
The following users liked this post:
PaConehead (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 07:27 PM
Mike 104
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking forward to this event lots of track time
The following users liked this post:
PaConehead (03-16-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 11:21 AM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 670 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

see you there! I am thrilled with the new date this year, now I can attend it!
Old 03-17-2019, 09:19 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by zipity
see you there! I am thrilled with the new date this year, now I can attend it!
I hear ya about the date!! Last couple years conflicted w/ my Granddaughter's birthday so I missed at least most of Sunday. See ya there!
Old 03-18-2019, 12:27 PM
rbzo6
Racer

Received 126 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by PaConehead
I hear ya about the date!! Last couple years conflicted w/ my Granddaughter's birthday so I missed at least most of Sunday. See ya there!
Same here! My granddaughters birthday is April 27.
Old 03-18-2019, 09:54 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rbzo6
Same here! My granddaughters birthday is April 27.
That's quite the coincidence!! See ya around tech or at the track!!
Old 04-03-2019, 08:38 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Still have some slots available - come and shake the cob webs out.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:29 AM
wrkdWS6
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

I'm interested in joining. I've got a question on the below:

"Note: Our insurance requires the following safety equipment; Snell 2010 or 2015 approved helmet (M, SA, or better), 5BC fire extinguisher mounted with a mental bracket and metal strap, and convertibles must have approved roll over protection (check for requirements)."

What does this insurance cover? Just trying to hedge out if I need to tack on Hagerty track day insurance for the weekend like I typically do for a TNIA event. Also, where are you guys mounting your fire extinguishers?

Thank you

Last edited by wrkdWS6; 04-04-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:26 AM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wrkdWS6
I'm interested in joining. I've got a question on the below:

What does this insurance cover? Just trying to hedge out if I need to tack on Hagerty track day insurance for the weekend like I typically do for a TNIA event. Also, where are you guys mounting your fire extinguishers?

Thank you
The insurance that I mentioned is the club's liability insurance for the event and would not cover individual vehicle damage - sorry for the confusion, I was just trying to explain why we require FEs and the particulars. To answer your other question, most folks mount the fire extinguisher in front of the passenger seat using the front seat bolts (either using a commercial mount or DYI bar/mount depending on vehicle - wire tie wraps are not acceptable). If you have a harness bar, that would work too. I'll PM my contact info and you can contact me directly.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:45 PM
dmichaels
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one weekend where I have to be at work all weekend... enjoy to those going. I'd like to get the Vette to Pocono. I haven't run their courses yet
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM
PaConehead
Burning Brakes

Still slots available in all groups! Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Get notified of new replies

To HPDE - Pocono North w/VCVCC

Quick Reply: HPDE - Pocono North w/VCVCC