Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Brembo brake bleed tip - excess fluid in bleeder column/threads

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:02 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

Default C7 Brembo brake bleed tip - excess fluid in bleeder column/threads

Used to see a lot of posts about C7 Brembos not sealing and leaking. I just did my annual SRF flush this weekend and wanted to pass along my experiences with this over the past 2 years. The short of it is the bleeders seal fine, but if you pressure bleed they get a lot of fluid around the threads and in the bottom of the bleeder pocket above the seal (more than any C5 brakes I had or Wilwoods). You can roll up a paper towel corner and/or insert the brake cleaner plastic straw multiple times and flush and get most of it out, but I've found the best way is an air gun at 60-80 psi with a rubber tip. Shoot the air into the bleeder and you can watch a surprising amount of fluid bubble out around the threads. Clean that up and it will stay dry. Of course you can just let the fluid seep out when on track and if you look at C7s in the paddock many do this.

Torque spec for the bleeder is 106 in/lbs to 12 ft lbs. I torque mine to 10 ft/lbs (120 in/lbs) with a small torque wrench specifically for this. Some folks, who thought they had a leak, kept tightening their bleeders. Do not do this as you can damage the bleed screw seat inside the caliper and it will never seal. Also, never torque bleed screws hot.

My $0.02, spend wisely.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:37 AM
GoatHead
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

How about speedbleeders? Any experience with them?
Old 03-18-2019, 10:40 AM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

Originally Posted by GoatHead
How about speedbleeders? Any experience with them?
I used them many ages ago on a C5 and quit. There's no point once you get a Motiv power bleeder. They do come with sealant on the bleeder threads to prevent fluid from getting into the threaded area when you're pedal pumping.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Brembo brake bleed tip - excess fluid in bleeder column/threads

Quick Reply: C7 Brembo brake bleed tip - excess fluid in bleeder column/threads