Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 09:00 AM
havasu486
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Alignment

I noticed the C7 has many eccentric bolts for the wheel alignment. I have also been informed a wheel alignment is required frequently when you complete HPDE events often. Is there any way to prevent the eccentrics from moving and avoid so much time in the shop?
Old 06-07-2019, 09:21 AM
acrace
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 153 Posts

There are aftermarket camber block kits. Here is one, and I believe that AMT is a supporter of the Forums:
https://amtmotorsport.com/products/c...ble-camber-kit
The following 2 users liked this post by acrace:
havasu486 (06-07-2019), Mark@AMT Motorsport (06-07-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Mark@AMT Motorsport
Supporting Vendor

Received 554 Likes on 264 Posts

Thanks for the shout out! C5-C7 all use eccentrics to adjust the alignment and they can move after repeated abuse with sticky tires. Here's a video from my car at Limerock where one lets go completely. In fairness, I had the car aligned at Joe Blow Alignment shop who more than likely just hit the eccentric with an impact wrench rather than torquing to spec. They shouldn't just completely let go like this, but as you can see it can happen with nearly catastrophic results:

The C7 is the grand daddy of PITA alignments however since you can control castor in the rear of the car, unlike in the C5 and C6. If you screw that up the car is scary to drive, so care must be taken. Couple that with the fact that our alignment does not have infinite adjustments like the stock eccentrics, a proper alignment on a C7 with our kit is both time consuming and expensive. $500 for a proper race alignment from a good shop is not unreasonable.

So, I generally recommend sticking with the stock eccentrics for C7 track guys until they're going real fast with sticky tires. I'm talking advanced level drivers with Hoosiers or what have you. I don't want to sell anyone something they don't need. But once you need our camber kit, well then you need it. You can cord a $1600 set of Hoosiers in a single session if your eccentrics start moving not to mention the car becomes slower and harder to drive. Once you set up your car with our camber kit, you'll never need to do it again, so that's a plus.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions!
The following users liked this post:
havasu486 (06-26-2019)
Old 06-07-2019, 06:57 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 712 Likes on 493 Posts

They do come lose but rarely. Camber plates are great however. With experience you can lock the oem hardware in locations where they are less likely to move

bigger problem with c7 is the shitty rear toe links

Get notified of new replies

To Alignment

Quick Reply: Alignment