Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDR Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 10:09 PM
Midwest C6
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default PDR Question

I am new to Track Days. Complete 3 this year so far @ Brainerd, MN. I have been running in Track Mode Sport 1 or 2. When I watch my recordings, I never see the Active Handling Icon pop on or off on the video. When I watch other peoples videos, I see it often. Is it because they are not running in PTM?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 06-19-2019, 05:30 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,929 Likes on 5,333 Posts

Originally Posted by Midwest C6
I am new to Track Days. Complete 3 this year so far @ Brainerd, MN. I have been running in Track Mode Sport 1 or 2. When I watch my recordings, I never see the Active Handling Icon pop on or off on the video. When I watch other peoples videos, I see it often. Is it because they are not running in PTM?

Thanks,

Dave
I run in PTM mode all the time and the Drive Mode shows up at the bottom of the screen in all of my recordings. Placement has changed over the years but in other recordings I have seen it is always shown when using Track sub modes. I do not see any AH icons light up when running in any of the modes that have PTM (Wet, Dry, Sport 1, Sport 2, Race). If you don't see the Track Sub Modes indicated in the video that means the driver isn't using them and the AH icon will appear.

Bill

Quick Reply: PDR Question