Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KFP Magnum brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 02:38 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default KFP Magnum brake pads

Anyone using KFP/Magnum carbon-kevlar brake pads?? And who are you buying them from?? And do you get a discount?? (that I can get??)
...redvetracr
Old 05-02-2003, 10:40 PM
rollinthunder
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: KFP Magnum brake pads (redvetracr)

Redvetracr,
I have been using these pads for the last three summers. I was introduced to them by a good friend and a very fast driver. If bedded in properly they will not fade under repeated hard use. I attend Prosche and BMW drivers schools, where I use the brakes to the max for 1/2 hour sessions. They are fairly easy on the rotors. You will still spider crack the rotors after repeated hard use. I use the Gold pads. They are the mid range pad with the Blue pads more for street and autocross and the Purple pad for high speed track use. I plan on getting a set of Doug Rippie SS brake pistons and a set of front brake duct extensions for my C5.

I purchase them from Larry Beery a sales rep and fellow racer.
407-301-4360 He gave me (a fellow Corvette racer) a 10% discount.
I have not tried PFC 01's yet. I hear allot of good things about that pad from previous threads.

Good Luck,
Ron

Quick Reply: KFP Magnum brake pads