Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire wear on road course

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 05:46 PM
SoCal Rebell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: tire wear on road course (silverz06vette)

A more difinative way to check roll over is mark the tires from 1 inch on the sidewall to the first tread with a grease pencil, it'll show you exactly where the edge is at that tire pressure.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:27 PM
stingray454
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: tire wear on road course (SoCal Rebell)

At WSIR it takes seat time to be fast (I have 1,200 laps there)
Wow, 1,200 laps should do it! This was my first time on any road coarse :D

I don't know if you pitted with the "Vette" crowd accross from the hot pit wall but I was instructing a guy named Ryan in a white supercharged Z06
I met Ryan early in the morning at the gas station (commented on the whistle from his car ;) :D ) and we chatted online before the event, so I know Ryan and which car you're talking about. I pitted in the main lot behind the Vette crowd, and behind the garage where you sign in. When not driving, I was hanging out mostly in the middle between the garage building and the cafeteria building where there were some Porsches, a red Z06, and two Vipers. Based on your description, I think I saw you talking with some people near where I was standing. Didn't get a chance to meet you though.

I'm tall and heavy with a big mouth and a New Yawk accent :cheers:
Ahh, a fellow New Yorker! I just moved from NY to CA in April. I'm a born and raised New Yorker, born in Queens, and raised in Long Beach, NY. Although you'd never know it since I don't have much of an accent. I look and talk like I was raised here in CA. When did you move from NY? What part of NY are you from?

I will be there 12/3 hopefully with a race prepped '01 ACR street car (Paul Mumford's old car), if I can't secure the "buy" by then I'll still go and instruct.
I won't be able to make the 12/3 race. Besides, I need funds for new tires! :p :( Suddenly, I need to create a tire and brake budget for this new found addiction ;)

What do you drive???????
:confused: I guess you can't see my signature? I drive a 2002 Electron Blue Z06. I drive this:

There were 3 cars just like mine that day at Willow. But there was one driven in the yellow group by a woman, another in the red group with racing tires driven by a really big dude, and mine which ran in the blue group (the one that was passing everyone ;) j/k :D )

[Modified by stingray454, 6:31 PM 10/19/2003]

Quick Reply: tire wear on road course