Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

67 L79 2 top original

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2001, 11:52 AM
Lynndale
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 67 L79 2 top original

I posted this on the 'old' forum and it didn't make it to the new one. I have decided not to limit myself to a midyear so I would consider a trade deal + cash for a nice steel bumper Shark or even a nice, loaded '80. Nothing '81 or newer really interests me because of all the computer stuff that makes it near impossible to do my own service and mechanicals. This is long but I'm looking for a serious deal so I'm posting as much info as I can.

Here is a brief history of the car as I have researched it.
The car came out of New Mexico. It was primarily a show car for a good many years and has quite a bit of chrome under the hood and chassis. Unfortunately the previous owner (before me) did not care for the chrome work and much of it won't shine as well these days. I cleaned it as best I could and that is how it is today. I drive the car as much as practical in a seasonal environment. I have talked, at length, to the owner in Alburqueque, NM. He was very cordial and told me how the car was cared for during the dozen or so years he had it. He sold the car to a man in the Seattle, WA area around 1980 who had a plan to restore it. That didn't happen, thank goodness, and he subsequently sold the car to someone in my area in 1982. We bought the car in 1994.

A quick description, as detailed as I can think of:

1967 Corvette Convertible. Lynndale Blue with Teal Leather. (trim tag shows Teal Vinyl), Build date in early November, 1966.
4sp (original M21 tranny), L79 (original engine), Hard top (don't know if it came with it originally), Blue soft top (fabric is rough, rear window is yellowed, frame is excellent), Sidepipes (GM pipes & covers but car was not a factory 'piper'), power steering, tinted windows (all), shoulder harness, speedminder speedo, original ralley wheels with Michelin radial redlines, AK differential, (3:36, non-posi - strange, but the date is in line with other dated parts).

The car is in very good, unrestored condition. I had it judged at the NCRS Mid Atlantic Chapter meet a few months after we bought it. It scored a very high Third Flight ribbon (83.5 %) without any help whatsoever. I have the Judges Tally Sheet. I have only corrected a few minor things since then and have collected a few NOS pieces here and there, which will go with the car.
All the guages work perfectly, except the clock which is intermittant. (might just need cleaned but I don't care what time it is when I'm driving her.)

A few 'wrong' things:
The car has Heddman Headers. I don't have the original exhaust manifolds. I know that the GM offroad exhaust system (N11) is available, complete, from GM for a couple hundred bucks. The headers and the L79 cam make the sidepipes very loud in the mid to upper RPM range. A 'plus' for me, personally.
She is missing the original alternator. It's a Delco but not dated.
Some of the ignition shielding is missing, I believe, although I have pieces that won't fit with the headers on.
Incorrect battery.
There are some incorrect bolts & screws here and there, but nothing major or hard to find.
I have lots of pics I can email to serious inquiries.
-------------

I am not looking to sell the car outright so I have not set a 'sale price'. I really want to do a trade + cash with someone for a non-original car. Current price guides put the price range in the mid $30,000 range, not counting options. I just want a midyear to 'have fun' with and this car is just way too correct to go any other way but Original. I like mag wheels and mild flares and maybe even six taillights. :o) I probably won't sell it outright.
I will go to Carlisle this year and look around if an opportunity doesn't materialize before then.

I hope this gives you enough information. STW ~ SOM

Jim

[Modified by Lynndale, 9:57 AM 8/4/2001]
Old 08-06-2001, 11:54 AM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 67 L79 2 top original (Lynndale)

Lynndale - Email me, if my 66 interest you. I can send you the details.

jholmes@powerbond.com

[Modified by Grey Ghost, 8:49 AM 8/7/2001]
Old 08-06-2001, 02:48 PM
sb69coupe
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 67 L79 2 top original (Grey Ghost)

You've got mail!

Shannon
Old 08-14-2001, 02:14 PM
tuxedo
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: 67 L79 2 top original (Lynndale)

Lyndale, Pls e-mail some pic,s if the car is still for sale. Have always liked the 67 lyndale blue look. :chevy

Get notified of new replies

To 67 L79 2 top original

Quick Reply: 67 L79 2 top original