Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

How Rare and what is the value?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Dean757
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Rare and what is the value?

Hi, Great forum , I am a new member. I Have a 66 coupe with : 427,390HP Powerglide,Factory Air,Power Steering P Brakes ,P windows,Telescoping wheel,Headrests,Soft ray tint all windows. Gold Line tires. FRame off with show quality lacquer paint in original 984 sunfire yellow. The block is period correct IQ suffix with vin restamped to car. All new underneath = drives like a new 66!!! Interior immaculate with clear gauges etc. I have heard that it is one of 20 with 427 automatic. With the Factory Air It may be even rarer? Opinions please on rarity and approx. Value. Thanks DEan
Old 10-29-2006, 11:36 AM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Dean757
Hi, Great forum , I am a new member. I Have a 66 coupe with : 427,390HP Powerglide,Factory Air,Power Steering P Brakes ,P windows,Telescoping wheel,Headrests,Soft ray tint all windows. Gold Line tires. FRame off with show quality lacquer paint in original 984 sunfire yellow. The block is period correct IQ suffix with vin restamped to car. All new underneath = drives like a new 66!!! Interior immaculate with clear gauges etc. I have heard that it is one of 20 with 427 automatic. With the Factory Air It may be even rarer? Opinions please on rarity and approx. Value. Thanks DEan
Yes you have a very rare car. There is no data that shows both C60 Air Conditioning and M35 Automatic transmissions. My guess is that most people buying the AT with the Big Block (L36 390HP) would have also checked the AC. Still in all probability, that means only about (and it's a pure guess) 10 with that built. Very rare indeed.

As for value, if it were completely original and documented, it might be worth about $120K. The problem seems to be that it has a restamped block and you don't mention documentation. To the typical buyer of this car, that means they would purchase it as though it were a "built" car. The value of which might be as high as $75K (again - my guess) if the car is "new" appearing in all other respects. Documentation (that irrefutably identifies the car as a L36,M35,C60) would add $10 to $15K depending upon the buyer. The loss of the original Big Block does indeed hurt and it's a primary reason why so many people unfortunately fake numbers, stampings, and documentation.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Dean757
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Thanks BB2

Thanks for you opinion. The car was restored 8 years ago and I am trying to get Pics from the restorer. It has the 3/8 fuel line,Large half shaft caps,Large sway bars and other original BB items. All bonding strips intact. I am going to list it on e-bay as I have too many cars now, I have a 63 and 66 listed now. You will recognize mine by the ocean and palm tree in the background of all 3. Thanks Dean
Old 10-29-2006, 04:14 PM
MosportGreen66
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This car is a Rare piece but, re-stamped motor and no docs is a big problem for this car. I think $120K is too much. Probably more like $100K.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
bb62
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by MosportGreen66
This car is a Rare piece but, re-stamped motor and no docs is a big problem for this car. I think $120K is too much. Probably more like $100K.
Nah, I stated $120K ONLY if it had Docs and the original engine. $100 is still too much for what could be perceived as a "built" car. But the car is a beautiful car. $75K is the floor, but even with docs, $100 would be a stretch. But that's just my opinion.
Old 10-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Dean757
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Thanks BB2

Thanks BB2 , I appreciate your opinion and thanks for the compliment on the beauty of the car. Thanks for viewing it. The market prices from ebay to dealer retail to auctions varies wildly. If the 75k floor can be had on E-Bay I will find out soon. Dean

Get notified of new replies

To How Rare and what is the value?

Quick Reply: How Rare and what is the value?