Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

66 Coupe Still Looking For A Good Home

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default 66 Coupe Still Looking For A Good Home

This is a NICE DRIVER CAR that is still looking for a GOOD HOME
For Sale 1966 nice #'s matching coupe. I don't know how to post pic's on here so here is the link to the car and also how to contact me.
http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/...tte-18105.html

Last edited by Mike Terry; 08-03-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:37 AM
03clyde
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link says car not found or car sold
Old 08-03-2007, 11:10 AM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Fixed Link

Mike,
Fixed link so it goes directly to your Vette. Nice car. http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/...tte-18105.html
Old 08-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Stingray, I want back and fixed it also.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:20 PM
tls630
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike what is the rear axle ratio? And does the car have power sterring? I know you have had the car for sale for a long time, are you planning on taking it to Carlisle? I have been looking for as long as you have been trying to sell, so maybe I should look at yours! please advise.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Hall1836
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 1966

Why is there overspray on the left side only?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by viet630
Mike what is the rear axle ratio? And does the car have power sterring? I know you have had the car for sale for a long time, are you planning on taking it to Carlisle? I have been looking for as long as you have been trying to sell, so maybe I should look at yours! please advise.
I am not positive but I think the rear axel ratio is a 3:36 and no it does not have power steering. I was not planning on going to Carlisle this year, my Mother is having eye surgery and I will be with her in IL. at that time.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Hall1836
I can not explain the overspray on the left muffler, it was this way when I bought the car.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:07 PM
unreel1967
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hall1836
maybe the right muffler was replaced afterwards.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
dizzydale
Instructor

Mike,WHY is there time for DROWNING the tires in Armorall but no time to wipe off the overspray with lacquer thinner???diz
Old 08-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dizzydale
Mike,WHY is there time for DROWNING the tires in Armorall but no time to wipe off the overspray with lacquer thinner???diz
For your information, I have cleaned the tires. Ther was alot more on them before I cleaned them. If that little bit of overspray on the left muffler is keeping you from buying the car then you have a problum. If you are not interested in buying the car (which you probably are not) then why do you care?
Old 08-03-2007, 10:51 PM
dizzydale
Instructor

Mike,I have been giving some thought to swapping my 62 for a mid year coupe.I wouldn't consider advertising a car for sale that had overspray ANYWHERE and the USED car guy tire dressing doesn't help your cause.Paying attention to the details PAYS off......WAIT a minute weren't you the guy a while back that.......diz
Old 08-04-2007, 05:54 AM
crw41
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks like the same paint is on the drivers side frame rail - from when ever it had been re-painted.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Mark_Milner
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks like everyone is being a bit critical of this car. Look, read the ad. Granted, he should tell all of it here, not simply link to elsewhere, but at least read the ad.

For Sale is a NICE quality driver 1966 Corvette. The fit of the doors, hood, and headlights are very good. The paint is the correct Milano Maroon code (988) while not show quality the paint is very presentable for a street driver quality car. (Red bold stuff mine)
He doesn't say it is a restored car. He doesn't say it is a 99.9 point NCRS car. He doesn't say it is going to win you a Bow Tie and Top Flight.

So treat it as such.

If you want to be critical, at least know what you are looking at.

Here, old engine compartment, decent condition for a driver, aftermarket copper/brass radiator replacement, lots of spray bomb Chevy orange on the engine.

So there is overspray on the muffler. Have any of you painted a Corvette? Since it is so easy to do, take advantage of the price and wipe it off after you buy it, increasing the value $10,000 for no overspray. Don't forget the spare tire tub no one mentioned.

Ahhh, what an AWFUL car!!! I'm sure all of you would do him and the future buyer a favor and hide it out of sight in your garage, right. The frame may be overspray and it may just be the angle of the picture and sunlight of a winter day. So what if it is, does that make it structurally deficient and it will fall in a river or something?

I guess we have to deduct $5000 for the Armor All tires. I think I saw that on Kelly Blue Book somewhere.

Horrible interior, right? No one mentioned it at all, so I guess it is unmentionable.

Let's give Mike a break, go back to reading the rules, if you are not actually buying, and you are not contributing to the sale, don't come in criticizing a car for sale.

I can't wait to see the 100 point NCRS Top Flight cars you guys are selling for $41,000.

The one item I see that he should picture is the frame. On an unrestored driver, the frame can be in any condition from near perfect to total loss. So he really needs to have pictures of the frame on both sides.

And he should post pictures here for best effect, along with an accurate description.

Good luck with the sale.

Last edited by Mark_Milner; 08-08-2007 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Fixing the broken picture links
Old 08-04-2007, 04:39 PM
RoadVettes
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_Milner
Let's give Mike a break, go back to reading the rules, if you are not actually buying, and you are not contributing to the sale, don't come in criticizing a car for sale.

I can't wait to see the 100 point NCRS Top Flight cars you guys are selling for $41,000.
Seems like fair market value for a "nice driver" 66 coupe with matching #'s.
Good luck with the sale Mike .
Old 08-04-2007, 05:08 PM
stingrayl76
Safety Car

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark_Milner
Looks like everyone is being a bit critical of this car. Look, read the ad. Granted, he should tell all of it here, not simply link to elsewhere, but at least read the ad.

He doesn't say it is a restored car. He doesn't say it is a 99.9 point NCRS car. He doesn't say it is going to win you a Bow Tie and Top Flight.

So treat it as such.
Nice piece of satire Mark. Well said!
when you link to the individual photos on the usedcorvettesforsale website, they automatically link to their ad banners.
Dave
Old 08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
tls630
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark
Very well said, Mike said right off the git go it was a driver. Never once did he say it was a top flight car!Good luck Mike and be careful who you sell it to! Some of these guy's are a law suit waiting to happen. If I were you I would make sure the bill of sale reads as is where is....

Get notified of new replies

To 66 Coupe Still Looking For A Good Home

Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Thank You Mark, Roadvettes, Stingray176 and Viet603 for your comments. You all said it better then I could have about members making remarks about a car or cars that they are not only not going to buy but are not ever interested in. I guess they just like to try to show off in front of everyone. The car is like I said in the post it is a Nice Driver that is # matching. I did not claim it to be anything else. If it were a NCRS Top Flight or Bloomington Gold car the price would be much much higher. The reason that I did not post pic on this web site or any other is I am not that computer sharp and I don't know how to post pic's (I have tryed). The pic's that were posted with my ad, I sent them to the administratior(sp) of the web site and he posted the pic's for me. I do not have a lift to get the car up in the air to show under carriage pic's and I really don't see that many people posting them anyway. Maybe they don't have lifts also. I am not going to go out and pay a grand or more for a lift just to take pic's of the under side of a car.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:58 PM
dizzydale
Instructor

Dear Mark,We are not picking NCRS nits here, as a matter of fact Helen Keller pointed out the Armorall and Stevie Wonder caught the overspray.Who KNOWS what else is WRONG.....THATS the obvious.I am NOT here to hang this guy from a tree....he does a pretty good job of that all by hisself.diz
Old 08-06-2007, 11:17 AM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

Glad I never made a mistake.I sure would hate to have stuff thrown up in my face for years afterwards. I believe I would rather have a decent correct color paint job with a little overspray on mufflers than a faded,chipped ,crazed job. This car is priced right and a nice example. good luck Mike .

Quick Reply: 66 Coupe Still Looking For A Good Home