Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

I need a price...

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:56 PM
crs1089
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a price...

I found a 67 convertible project car that i want, an original 427/435 that needs to be restored. It's also my dream car.

Im going to sell my c2 and dump that cash and more into my new car.

It's a 64 coupe, red ext with white interior. Red door panels and dash with white seats. NUMBERS matching 327/300 horse. Frame off restoration 15 years ago. Paint is perfect. The car has 69000 miles on it. I just recently added a Flowmaster custom exhaust for the car. The previous owner installed hurst shifter. I know its mine and there might be some bias, but I have really hardly seen any nicer looking cars. I love it but selling it would be amazing to build my dream.

I'm thinking somewhere from 45K to 55K.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:19 AM
1BAD-LS1
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Post some pics of the '64 for us to see (include engine compartment, undercarriage and interior). Sounds like a nice car and I think you are very close on the price
Old 09-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

I know you 64 owners will want to smack me but I am going to say a little lower than you have posted, 40k and the reason being the time of year. You may have been able to grab close to 45k in Spring but its a little soft now. I do know they treat 64s like Redheaded step childs, but I would own one if I were looking. Its not easy finding a 65-66 Vert for under 45K anymore so the 64s are becoming the cars to buy. I take it by your post the car is in pristine condition, so if you are in no hurry you should be able to hit the 45k but for 55k it will have to be exceptional this time of year. The colors are right and you always have to be happy with nice paint and matching numbers. Good Luck
Old 09-28-2007, 08:21 AM
tls630
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around 40K is pretty close.Does it have factory air?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default I Would Hold Out For 50K If............

it's a really nice car as you describe it. Numbers matching is always a plus and it helps if you have lots of paperwork to cover past repairs and service.
I also think a lot of buyers are looking for a nice driver these days vs. a collector/NCRS type vehicle.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:20 PM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

I tend to agree with Bowtyguy.

Another thought: There are lots of peolpe looking for deal and will only buy if its cheap. With these people, you will likely not get your price. However, I think with the color combination you may find someone who is a real buyer and at a fair price. Red with red/white interior is special and if you keep an open mind about what you are willing to take for the car and focus on getting people interested, I think you and the new owner will come to terms. That's they way Corvettes use to be bought and sold and there is no reason why it can't happen with you. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To I need a price...

Quick Reply: I need a price...