Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

Price Question on a 1967

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:39 PM
zadspal
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Caterpillar
This is my uncles car, he is the original owner and currenty the car is NOT for sale (sorry)
If you read the original post carefully you can see this person didn't mention his uncle selling the car to him or anyone! This is when most of us gave a sound opinion. This post was for opinions only not advice on what to ask for the car at the local show or put an ad in the news paper. He only ask what we thought about it. I feel that most folks here give good educated opinions. Thank you Caterpillar for starting this post. Please keep us informed on what becomes of this time capsule and good luck, I hope you own it someday!
ZADSPAL,
Old 07-23-2008, 11:48 PM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by vettn
Here is another important piece of advice: He has a one owner documented rare car that appears to be exceptionally original with exceptionally low miles that has not been driven in 15 years. Its value will be pushed higher if it can achieve 4 Bowties? The buyer of this type of car will pay good $$ weather it has Bowties or not IF they think it will achieve Bowtie status. The owner needs to realize he should not touch the car himself. He should not let anyone touch the car except a person that knows Bowtie judging. Doing otherwise can devalue the car or preclude it from being of more value. Bottom line is don't be stupid about what is needed here to preserve value.

My opinion is this car, if it is one of the 199 400 A/C convertibles will be in the $200K club after Bowties..and maybe before. Also, I am the guy that sold my $99K original 400 A/C coupe, but it did not compare to this car if all said and assumed is true by the poster.

Gary

Gary,

Very well put! him having documentation on such a rare one owner car... it is without question worth $200k or more. He should have it looked at by someone with Bowtie Judging.

Quick Reply: Price Question on a 1967