Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: 1967 Corvette Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 PM
largeitalian
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: 1967 Corvette Coupe

Prefer a project, rolling shell would be perfect.

Dads 30th wedding anniversary is coming up, he took my mom on 1st date in a 67 and said he would love to get one again someday. Im gonna try and nut up and buy one for him, If anyone can help let me know.

Would PREFER marina blue, coupe, with air. Hes a mechanic so motor and tranny arent big issue.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:53 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Not really a project, but it's a blue '67 coupe with AC:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2884134525.html

I have no affiliation with the car or seller.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
largeitalian
Pro

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Not really a project, but it's a blue '67 coupe with AC:

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/2884134525.html

I have no affiliation with the car or seller.
nice find! car looks awesome.

would like to try to find one that needs some work first before i try to shell out the big bucks. my dad is a renowned chevy engine mechanic in north dakota, he has probably 200 small and big blocks laying around his shop and would love this to be a nice project for us. but thank you and I will hold on to that link.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:25 PM
BlackbirdZ07
Safety Car

Received 199 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by largeitalian
would like to try to find one that needs some work first before i try to shell out the big bucks.
Just remember, the more work it needs the more money you'll have into it when you're done! He's asking $42K for this car... it'll be hard to find one for much less than that that doesn't need cosmetic work (especially an air conditioned '67), and when you get into bodywork, paint, interior, rechroming of bumpers, etc. the money starts adding up quickly. I know that the engine on this one is done and that's the work you'd like to do, but it's not the original engine so you can always sell it to recoup a litte money and replace it with one you and your dad built. But, I do understand that this one's pretty much done and there's nothing like doing it yourself.

This car has been for sale for a while on and off. I don't know anything about it, I've just seen the Craigslist posts.

Good luck!
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by BlackbirdZ07
Just remember, the more work it needs the more money you'll have into it when you're done! He's asking $42K for this car... it'll be hard to find one for much less than that that doesn't need cosmetic work (especially an air conditioned '67), and when you get into bodywork, paint, interior, rechroming of bumpers, etc. the money starts adding up quickly. I know that the engine on this one is done and that's the work you'd like to do, but it's not the original engine so you can always sell it to recoup a litte money and replace it with one you and your dad built. But, I do understand that this one's pretty much done and there's nothing like doing it yourself.

This car has been for sale for a while on and off. I don't know anything about it, I've just seen the Craigslist posts.

Good luck!
Belongs to a fellow forum member, and a long time ago I owned it briefly as well. I know a lot of meticulous work has gone into it to make it a well sorted driver. Would be unlikely to duplicate for the price, especially one of 4XX L-79 air coupes made.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:43 PM
largeitalian
Pro

Originally Posted by SupremeDeluxe
Belongs to a fellow forum member, and a long time ago I owned it briefly as well. I know a lot of meticulous work has gone into it to make it a well sorted driver. Would be unlikely to duplicate for the price, especially one of 4XX L-79 air coupes made.
It looks like a beautiful car.

Theres more to this story, with my parents coming up on their 30th wedding anniversary, I want to get him a 67 cause its the car they went on their first dates. My dad has a charity he runs called Secret Santa in our hometown, where he raises money as well as donates his own, and has people write into our local newspaper and make christmas wishes, and he grants them. From toys, clothes, auto work, even gravestones for those who cant afford.

I am an avid bicyclist, and I was planning on going around to all his friends, my friends, family, and his business friends, and raising money for his charity. Hes been doing it for 23 years, and he is getting to the age where I am going to have to start doing it for him or at least helping. So I want to raise money and do a cross state('s) bicycle ride, where people can pledge a certain dollar or cents amount per mile covered. 90% would do to his charity, and 10% would do towards the gift I want to give him, as kind of a repayment for the past 23 years of service work. and I would do it on the bicycle he built from scratch back in the 80's (with new componants)

He has told me he wants to own a 67 again before he passes, so Im making it my mission to get one.

here's an article the local paper did on his work, written back in 99.

http://i43.tinypic.com/ms2mw7.jpg

soooooo if anyone can keep an eye out for one, or maybe get me the username of the owner of that 67? that would be awesome
Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
largeitalian
Pro

bump it up
Old 03-09-2012, 09:51 AM
redsplitwindow
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Carlisle PA spring show is end of next month,good place to start
I should be there.PM me your phone# if you havent found anything
i will look for you and call you.
Your Dad sounds like an Awesome guy
Old 03-15-2012, 12:03 PM
largeitalian
Pro

bumppp
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
XLR8OR
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

***commercial message from non-suppporting vendor deleted**

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-21-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: non-supporting vendor commercial message
Old 03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
shemp
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8OR
commercial message from non-supporting vendor deleted

Smoke another one I drive mine anywhere. Shemp

Last edited by vettebuyer6369; 03-21-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: delete commercial message

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: 1967 Corvette Coupe

Quick Reply: WTB: 1967 Corvette Coupe