Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: 1961-67 Bloomington Gold/Benchmark/Survivor 2017

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 06:52 PM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Default 1961-67 Bloomington Gold/Benchmark/Survivor 2017

Hi. I will be at Bloomington Gold June 22-24 in Indianapolis, and would like to buy a 1961 to 1967 Bloomington Gold, Benchmark or Survivor Corvette that is judged that week.

If you plan on taking your 1961 to 1967 Corvette to Indianapolis to be judged, and are thinking about selling it, please notify me. I am looking for an investment grade Corvette, with a Budget of $100k, and will take it home from Indianapolis that weekend.

Please email any information and photos of your Corvette, and hopefully we can negotiate a deal before the show. If you can attain the award that we negotiate a price on, then we will complete the deal at one of the 10 nearby Chase banks.

I prefer a convertible, but will be open to a coupe as a last resort. Small Blocks, Big Blocks, Low HP, High HP, and Fuelies all interest me.

I can be reached by email at- rjdac88@yahoo.com
Phone/Text at - 561 414 0289

Thanks for looking,

Steve
Boca Raton, FL

Last edited by steve0415; 06-01-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:14 AM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Three weeks away. Still looking.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 06-08-2017, 06:01 AM
66racer
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by steve0415
Three weeks away. Still looking.

Thanks,

Steve
You will need to take a few $$s more for A B.B. or Fuel car
may find A Low H.P coupe in that range just my thoughts 66racer
Old 06-10-2017, 08:28 AM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Original?

Not sure I am on the mark here but it looks like you want to use both the BG venue and the judges assurances to buy a nice C2. Not a bad idea. Couple of thoughts.

As already said, prices for an Award winning car are premium. Prices for the fuelies and big blocks are top of the food chain. Perhaps you catch someone at the right time and strike a great deal with cash in hand. However, you will likely need to be well above your expressed budget.

The bigger unsaid here is that if you are counting on the Award coming from the expert judges on hand to be proof in hand that the engine is the "OM" to the car then you should consider finding additional help at the show to make that call. It's no different at that point than buying a car out of a garage and the owner is showing you his BG Award. Find an expert unless you carry the expertise or for other reasons know with certainty that the engine is original. I am assuming you desire an OM car.

Having said that, the Survivor Award series may be closer to being a verification of an OM. Benchmark is based in part on the underlying Survivor Award. Maybe someone else here can help with more accurate
Information on the BG awards.

Sorry if I am preaching to the choir. This mistake about these venues including the NCRS through these Awards certifying OMs because the engine pad passes the judging without deductions is a regretful one.

Good luck in your search.

Get notified of new replies

To 1961-67 Bloomington Gold/Benchmark/Survivor 2017

Quick Reply: WTB: 1961-67 Bloomington Gold/Benchmark/Survivor 2017