Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1967 Bigblock for sale

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 07:32 PM
rustnever sleeps
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1967 Bigblock for sale

Hi There, I am located in New Zealand. A friend of mine on this forum Thomas Downey (Bluzrocker on the forum) has passed away and gone to the Corvette Universe. His family are wishing to cash up his 67 BB Vette. The family are obviously pretty raw about the situation and I have offered to help kick things along. I have no financial interest in the sale but feel like I owe it to Tom and his family to help them out.I have suggested to advertise it on this Forum. Needless to say I am also pretty gutted as I also have lost a special friend.
The car is black on black with a stinger hood and red stripe. I have never posted any photos before on this Forum so may need a hand to achieve this from other members??
My email address here in NZ is: broorda@xtra.co.nz and I will receive direct emails quicker than this forum but the intention is to put photos and info back on this thread or achieve the same with the help of other members.
I first met Tom on this forum when he first pulled the brakes off his car. This in turn became a full restoration spanning nearly 4 years. Before Tom passed away he did mention he thought it would genuinely sell for 150K. The family have turned down 100K. The asking price is right in the middle at 125K. The car was originally was Goodwood green and as mentioned it is now black on black with stinger hood. The car was probably 80-90K prior restoration and has had 50K spent on it and nearly 4 years of labor. It is a tri power and my understanding the block is not original and has been been extensively rebuilt. I have the dyno figures in my computer and this weekend will sift through photos and relevant information to be posted on this thread.
The car will be displayed at the Dixon Grillin and Chillin Car and Truck show on July 15th(Dixon California). Ironically Tom had pre paid the entry ticket and the car will be displayed at the Detail er who professionally did the paint polish on it.
Tom literally just finished the car before he passed away.
I will post his brothers contact details once we get some photos up and some of the obvious questions answered.
Do we have an established,experienced Forum member located in Dixon who can help look over the car and help answer some questions for any interested buyers?
I have a video of the car which I will post in due course with the family's permission or anyone can email direct and I can forward to them.

Popular Reply

06-02-2017, 09:38 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I was very sad to hear of Tommy's sudden passing--he was a great guy with a terrific attitude. He will be missed by many. I know a lot of time and energy was spent in bringing his 67 to the level where it is now.

I hope this isn't against any forum rules (moderator please delete if it is), but here is a video Tommy had sent me that was prepared by the company that recently completed the final detail on his 67.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:59 PM
Geralds57
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 596 Likes on 361 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C1 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by rustnever sleeps
Hi There, I am located in New Zealand. A friend of mine on this forum Thomas Downey (Bluzrocker on the forum) has passed away and gone to the Corvette Universe. His family are wishing to cash up his 67 BB Vette. The family are obviously pretty raw about the situation and I have offered to help kick things along. I have no financial interest in the sale but feel like I owe it to Tom and his family to help them out.I have suggested to advertise it on this Forum. Needless to say I am also pretty gutted as I also have lost a special friend.
The car is black on black with a stinger hood and red stripe. I have never posted any photos before on this Forum so may need a hand to achieve this from other members??
My email address here in NZ is: broorda@xtra.co.nz and I will receive direct emails quicker than this forum but the intention is to put photos and info back on this thread or achieve the same with the help of other members.
I first met Tom on this forum when he first pulled the brakes off his car. This in turn became a full restoration spanning nearly 4 years. Before Tom passed away he did mention he thought it would genuinely sell for 150K. The family have turned down 100K. The asking price is right in the middle at 125K. The car was originally was Goodwood green and as mentioned it is now black on black with stinger hood. The car was probably 80-90K prior restoration and has had 50K spent on it and nearly 4 years of labor. It is a tri power and my understanding the block is not original and has been been extensively rebuilt. I have the dyno figures in my computer and this weekend will sift through photos and relevant information to be posted on this thread.
The car will be displayed at the Dixon Grillin and Chillin Car and Truck show on July 15th(Dixon California). Ironically Tom had pre paid the entry ticket and the car will be displayed at the Detail er who professionally did the paint polish on it.
Tom literally just finished the car before he passed away.
I will post his brothers contact details once we get some photos up and some of the obvious questions answered.
Do we have an established,experienced Forum member located in Dixon who can help look over the car and help answer some questions for any interested buyers?
I have a video of the car which I will post in due course with the family's permission or anyone can email direct and I can forward to them.
Holy cow, I just talked to Tom recently about buying the car. I was going to have an inspection done by another forum member who lives nearby. Very sorry for the family's loss.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:53 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

That is a shock to hear, I have been talking to Tommy for a long time, off and on, since I used to live in Sonoma County in California, not too far from where he lived, prior to making the move to Arizona. So sorry to hear of his passing.
Mike T - Prescott AZ

Last edited by Vet65te; 06-01-2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:02 AM
rustnever sleeps
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Geralds57
Holy cow, I just talked to Tom recently about buying the car. I was going to have an inspection done by another forum member who lives nearby. Very sorry for the family's loss.
Sure was the sort of news that you dont want to be given, Feel free to contact your friend/ Corvette forum member and see if we can get the vehicle viewed for fellow forum members. His brother Ron, is being updated as the replies come in.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:06 AM
66racer
Drifting

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Bluzrocker

Lost A good Corvette person ,he was one of my friends on forum for years
May God Bless him in Corvette Heaven 66racer
Old 06-02-2017, 09:14 AM
Nowhere Man
Team Owner

Received 6,943 Likes on 4,782 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

wow I have been helping him and he has been helping me for a while now on BB cars. what a shock to learn of this. hope is family all the best on selling
Old 06-02-2017, 09:38 AM
SupremeDeluxe
Safety Car

Received 849 Likes on 475 Posts
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

I was very sad to hear of Tommy's sudden passing--he was a great guy with a terrific attitude. He will be missed by many. I know a lot of time and energy was spent in bringing his 67 to the level where it is now.

I hope this isn't against any forum rules (moderator please delete if it is), but here is a video Tommy had sent me that was prepared by the company that recently completed the final detail on his 67.

The following 6 users liked this post by SupremeDeluxe:
cep1932 (06-02-2017), friou (06-02-2017), George6488 (06-14-2017), Joe Inama (06-02-2017), ndabunka (06-03-2017), norway66 (06-09-2017) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-02-2017, 10:11 AM
Midyrman
Drifting

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Default Video

Absolutely love the video.

Thank you for posting.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:21 AM
ptjsk
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,901 Likes on 883 Posts

Sorry to see that the gentleman passed just as he finished his Corvette.

Great video, and now a nice piece for the family to remember him by.

Good for the family to have friends willing to step up and help them out.

I live within an hour of Dixon. If needed, I would be glad to offer assistance to the family (at no cost).

Please realize, I am NOT an expert on Corvette's, but I do have an established "base" level of knowledge due to having an interest in these cars for over four decades.

Just shoot me a PM and I'll give you my cell number.

Pat

Last edited by ptjsk; 06-02-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:48 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

He seems like a gentleman I would have been proud to know, can't say it better than that. Absolutely beautiful '67 that hopefully will land in the hands of someone who truly appreciates the car and the man who made it what is is. Everyone take good care!
Old 06-04-2017, 04:00 PM
rustnever sleeps
Intermediate

Thanks for all the help everyone. I have forwarded photos to a fellow member for posting on this thread. All well wishes have been read by Toms brother Ron.
Old 06-04-2017, 04:22 PM
vwtdi
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Here are pictures of the car.

Old 06-04-2017, 04:25 PM
vwtdi
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Old 06-04-2017, 10:11 PM
rustnever sleeps
Intermediate

Hi there, Tom's brother is Ron Downey and he can be contacted on: acmasrobotics@hotmail.com. He is the decision maker on selling this vehicle not me.
My understanding this is an original tri power car, according to emails to me from Tom, after the engine was rebuilt it had 502 ft lbs of torque and is 505hp@ 6100 rpm.
Car has a custom ebony steering wheel made by Doug Graves.
Tires are 215/70/15
Over 50K spent in the last 4 years restoring car.
Paintwork is pretty obvious. Mirror finish.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:07 PM
mikey'sdad
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

How much are they asking?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:38 PM
rustnever sleeps
Intermediate

The family are looking for offers, details are in the link
Old 06-14-2017, 09:39 PM
Thunder80