Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1966 Corvette Stingray Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 12:30 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

I believe that Vettes at the Beach, is this weekend at Sylvan Lake.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:04 PM
Suzy-Q
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GUSTO14
I would urge you to not try to understand it. Most of those that are making the ridiculous offers will be quickly bragging to their friends (if they have any?) about the terrific deal that got on it and then the amount of money they made if or when they flip it. Just have a number in you mind that you will not go below and stick to it.
There is someone out there that is willing to pay what the car is worth, you just may have to wait a bit to reach them.

Have you considered using eBay or even Bring-a-Trailer dot com? I see a lot of excellent cars on that site, that seem to be selling for correct prices. Exposing the car to a wider market is the key to reaching the ideal buyer. The car is very nice and should sell itself.

Good luck... GUSTO
Yes, eBay is bring low offers but ill look into Bring a trailer . Thank you
Old 07-26-2018, 02:25 AM
mattba
Pro

Received 262 Likes on 114 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Suzy-Q -
Suggest trying www.usedcorvettesforsale.com . They charge $19.95 until your car sells. The buyer for a midyear corvette I sold awhile back found my car through that site. There is also www.corvettetrader.com which charges $29.95 which I have also used with less success but this is a major asset you are selling and may be worth the fees to get maximum exposure. Not to start a beat to death topic, but in my opinion unless you have a rare iconic specimen such as a 63 split window coupe or a 67 big block these cars are getting hard to sell as more and more people who own them are facing similar circumstances as you are and those who may have had interest in these cars are more concerned with Social Security and Medicare than spending $59,500 for a weekend toy. Last year it took me seven months of advertising on this forum, craigslist, corvette for sale websites, local shows and cruises to sell a numbers matching, correct colors 67 convertible at a very fair asking price. This is why you need maximum exposure, especially while we are still in the buying season. Once Fall season hits, interest in buying these cars will diminish even more, especially in regions like yours where people and their toys hibernate for the Winter.
Good luck to you and your husband and I thank him for his service and sacrifice.
Matt

Last edited by mattba; 07-26-2018 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:20 AM
Suzy-Q
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mattba
Suzy-Q -
Suggest trying www.usedcorvettesforsale.com . They charge $19.95 until your car sells. The buyer for a midyear corvette I sold awhile back found my car through that site. There is also www.corvettetrader.com which charges $29.95 which I have also used with less success but this is a major asset you are selling and may be worth the fees to get maximum exposure. Not to start a beat to death topic, but in my opinion unless you have a rare iconic specimen such as a 63 split window coupe or a 67 big block these cars are getting hard to sell as more and more people who own them are facing similar circumstances as you are and those who may have had interest in these cars are more concerned with Social Security and Medicare than spending $59,500 for a weekend toy. Last year it took me seven months of advertising on this forum, craigslist, corvette for sale websites, local shows and cruises to sell a numbers matching, correct colors 67 convertible at a very fair asking price. This is why you need maximum exposure, especially while we are still in the buying season. Once Fall season hits, interest in buying these cars will diminish even more, especially in regions like yours where people and their toys hibernate for the Winter.
Good luck to you and your husband and I thank him for his service and sacrifice.
Matt
Yes, i'm on used corvette.com.It is late in year taking 5000 more off then Ill put it on site you suggested , Nice car in your picture by the way my personal favorite color but, hubby wanted red.My neighbors friend is a vintage car seller up here visiting said maybe i should have car down there for winter for him to sell ,I'm thinking about it rather then sitting in storage.In spring ill put on Hemmings. Thank you
Old 07-30-2018, 12:37 PM
65GGvert
Team Owner

Received 3,220 Likes on 2,302 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy-Q
Yes, i'm on used corvette.com.It is late in year taking 5000 more off then Ill put it on site you suggested , Nice car in your picture by the way my personal favorite color but, hubby wanted red.My neighbors friend is a vintage car seller up here visiting said maybe i should have car down there for winter for him to sell ,I'm thinking about it rather then sitting in storage.In spring ill put on Hemmings. Thank you
I'm not sure if you just shortened it for this, but the correct site is usedcorvettesfor sale.com. I have sold two there before.

Never mind, I found your ad there:

http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/...ble-78969.html
Old 07-30-2018, 09:12 PM
Suzy-Q
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 65GGvert
I'm not sure if you just shortened it for this, but the correct site is usedcorvettesfor sale.com. I have sold two there before.

Never mind, I found your ad there:

http://www.usedcorvettesforsale.com/...ble-78969.html
Thanks
Old 08-04-2018, 02:05 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Have you put it on any Craigslist sites, like Dallas, Miami, LA?
Old 08-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

Has anyone on the Forum seen this car in person?

Looks like its gone from Usedcorvettes.

Last edited by Bowtyeguy; 08-08-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:05 AM
Suzy-Q
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bowtyeguy
Has anyone on the Forum seen this car in person?

Looks like its gone from Usedcorvettes.
Yes i sold it and took much much lower then i had planned but with fall coming and life right now i had hard two days taken that much less but its done ,THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE BUMPS. Hind sight is really something should of took what i thought were lower offers in the beginning but ,nobody left there name to contact if price went down so there loss i guess. Sue
Old 08-09-2018, 12:38 AM
raosterkamp
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy-Q
Yes i sold it and took much much lower then i had planned but with fall coming and life right now i had hard two days taken that much less but its done ,THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR THE BUMPS. Hind sight is really something should of took what i thought were lower offers in the beginning but ,nobody left there name to contact if price went down so there loss i guess. Sue
I am sorry to hear things did not go as well as hoped for with the sale of car. I hope and pray things will go better for you and your family;God bless. Rick

Quick Reply: FS: 1966 Corvette Stingray Convertible