Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

WTB: '65 Corvette coupe or convertible

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 PM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 288 Likes on 121 Posts

Default '65 Corvette coupe or convertible

Never mind

Last edited by jerrybramlett; 08-06-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:44 PM
steve0415
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 333 Likes on 189 Posts

Hi Jerry,

Good luck in your search. I wish I had a car for you. I will keep my eyes open and let you know if anything comes up.

Guys, Jerry is a straight shooter, and one of the most honest guys in our hobby. If you have a car that fits his needs, please make a deal with him.

I look forward to seeing your finished car in the future.

Good luck,

Steve
Boca Raton, FL
Old 07-20-2019, 10:43 PM
macatzr1
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi Jerry

I may have what you want.
I live near Binghamton, NY
1965 Green/Black Coupe.
Glen Green (looks almost black) factory color.
327/300 hp, 4 spd. with side pipes, teak wheel
Very nice original body/frame.
Looking to purchase BB '67 Coupe
KO's are no longer on car.
Would take $50K now, as long as the '67 Coupe
is available.
Mike
607-206-4292
Old 07-21-2019, 10:57 AM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Hi Mike! Thanks for your quick response to my ad. Your car is too beautiful for me. Installing my engine wouldn't add to its value. I would have to remove the power steering and change too many parts.

To Jim Gessner: I can't reach the current owner of '65 convertible VIN 00008. The phone number just goes unanswered. That car would be perfect for my long block, however. Also, I'm not buying the green convertible in SC. The frame is strong but noticeably pitted. I do appreciate your help; please let me know if you see anything else.

Jerry
Old 07-27-2019, 09:02 AM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

Jerry,

'65 Blue/blue coupe.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/w...935684266.html
Old 07-27-2019, 11:53 AM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Todd H.
Thanks Todd.

I called the seller this morning. He's not sure if all body panels are original. The frame has been sandblasted and repainted, but some pitting is still visible. The jack and spare tub are missing. Originally it had a white / blue vinyl interior. I would have to remove the power steering and vintage air set-up to use my engine. It's a nice Corvette, but not the one I'm looking for.

I'm salivating over this one right now: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...e/2261812.html But it's a '66 with its original block, so it's not right for me either. If it was a '65 with a replacement block, I'd be on it like stink on a monkey.

This '65 could be a winner: https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...#&gid=1&pid=55 I've bought nice cars from dealers before, so I know it's possible. The dealer name "Hip Cars" and his vague description make me think this car is a longshot. If it was never hit and never rusty, you'd think he'd know and say that in the ad.

This '65 has come the closest so far: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Chevro...0AAOSwD1ldKgF- A factory FI convertible with original panels except the hood. However, it's got the "northeast car blues" (painted-over chassis pitting) and a seller who can't or won't send some photos I wanted to see.

Jerry

Last edited by jerrybramlett; 07-27-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:39 PM
Todd H.
Drifting

Received 423 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 C1 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (track prepared))
2019 C1 of Year Finalist (track prepared)

The blue convertible in Nashville has a good look. Hopefully he'll send some frame and bonding strip close-ups, but you might never know unless you go and look at it.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:43 PM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I guess we'll see

Originally Posted by Todd H.
The blue convertible in Nashville has a good look. Hopefully he'll send some frame and bonding strip close-ups, but you might never know unless you go and look at it.
I've requested specific photos showing the chassis condition, engine stamp pad, trim tag, and VIN plate. If he cooperates and the photos don't repulse me, I'll have an inspector confirm the body condition.

I've become very jaded during this search. I've learned that "strong frame" means heavy rust scale but no visible holes. Never-hit usually means the seller hasn't looked at the underside of the body panels. And often "clear title" can mean it's still registered in the previous owner's name. The biggest shocker is how many Corvettes have fake stamp pads, replaced trim tags, and state-issued VIN plates. Some dealers give honest descriptions, but most don't. Private sellers aren't much better if they're short-time owners.

Jerry
Old 07-28-2019, 06:50 PM
68hemi
Race Director

Received 3,048 Likes on 1,934 Posts
C1 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by jerrybramlett
I've requested specific photos showing the chassis condition, engine stamp pad, trim tag, and VIN plate. If he cooperates and the photos don't repulse me, I'll have an inspector confirm the body condition.

I've become very jaded during this search. I've learned that "strong frame" means heavy rust scale but no visible holes. Never-hit usually means the seller hasn't looked at the underside of the body panels. And often "clear title" can mean it's still registered in the previous owner's name. The biggest shocker is how many Corvettes have fake stamp pads, replaced trim tags, and state-issued VIN plates. Some dealers give honest descriptions, but most don't. Private sellers aren't much better if they're short-time owners.

Jerry
Jerry,
Apparently you have not tried to buy an old Corvette lately. All you have stated above has been going on for 40+ years now. You really have to ask very detailed and specific questions and hope that the seller even knows where to look or knows the answers. There are many owners out there that don't even know for sure what they own, if it is a re-stamp, color and or trim tag change, etc. I think often times they don't even want to look for fear of what they may find.
Good luck in your search.
Old 07-29-2019, 11:19 PM
RonCL55
Pro

Received 472 Likes on 260 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Jerry, you appear to be looking for a bit of a unicorn like I was. I didn’t have the years of experience like you have with the cars but like you I spent a lot of time looking at junk, typically in the 40 to 60k range. I was looking for a car that was in pretty good shape, no hit, good frame and no rust. I wanted to then do a restomod with an engine and transmission that suited me.

Ultimately i could not find my unicorn. So I bought a fully restored numbers matching car and paid top dollar for it. I intend nonetheless to replace the running gear with what I want. But everything else is perfect and I am very happy with it. While this is probably a 10 to 20K expense over what you intend, it does get the job done and minimizes the brain damage. Remember life is short and so this might be a good solution.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:33 AM
65 fi
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 83 Posts

Jerry, I know the owner of car number 8. I doubt he will sell but I’ll send him a message. You should realize that 8 would not be correct for your engine. Your engine would be better with a car of at least 11. The first ten were essentially mules not pilot lines. There are numerous anomalies in the first 10 which are not present in the later production cars.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 AM
jerrybramlett
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Still looking

The blue convertible in Nashville isn't right for me. I haven't been able to get VIN/trim tag or chassis photos from the dealer salesman, but I did see the portion of the engine stamp pad with the VIN derivative. It's #9374. That means it's not a good candidate for an engine replacement.

Sellers today aren't a very cooperative bunch. I'm too old to chase somebody down the street and beg them to sell their car to me. I just request the photos necessary to make a decision to be sent by email. Nine times out of ten, I get much less than my simple request. I don't get it.

Jerry
Old 08-20-2019, 06:37 AM
deane
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this car still for sale?
Old 08-20-2019, 06:39 AM
deane
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Asking about the Glen Green car near Binghamton NY.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:25 PM
matthaney06
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry, I just posted at White/White 65 Roadster located in Austin, TX.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:54 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

OP pulled ad.

Get notified of new replies

To '65 Corvette coupe or convertible

Quick Reply: WTB: '65 Corvette coupe or convertible