Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

FS: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - $75,000

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 12:27 AM
Greg
Just another Corvette guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,836 Likes on 1,783 Posts

Default 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - $75,000

Craigslist find. Not mine.

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...485501969.html
1965 Corvette Coupe

Details on what’s been done below:

Drivetrain:
The engine is a fully rebuilt 454 cubic inch 4 bolt main big block with GM forged rods and crank, high performance pistons and cam, cast iron Vortec heads, Edelbrock intake, Quick Fuel carb, road racing oil pan, super rare Stahl side exhaust headers with shorty mufflers and Cal Custom valve covers from a McLaren Can-Am car. Transmission is a rare, fully rebuilt Borg Warner Power Brute Super T10 with Hurst Competition shifter and ram rod linkage. This was the over the counter race trans from GM with the nodular iron main case and high nickel gears. The rear is stock Corvette with upgraded 3.90 Richmond gear set. A Lakewood blow proof bellhousing and performance clutch mate the trans with the engine.

Suspension/Brakes:
All suspension components were fully rebuilt using Vette Brakes slalom products including upgraded bushings, Bilstein shocks, racing springs (rear is composite), upper control arm cross shafts, sway bars, rear cross member reinforcement plates and adjustable strut rods. All other stock components were rebuilt/replaced including rod ends, bearings/races, upper/lower ball joints, rebuilt trailing arms and steering gear. The brake system includes AC Delco manual master cylinder, Vette Brakes stainless sleeved calipers, stainless braided flex lines, new hard lines and cryogenic slotted rotors.

Exterior:
The body was soda blasted down to gel coat, applied 2 coats of hi build polyester primer, blocked and 2 additional coats of DTM primer/surfacer applied. It is ready for final guide coat/blocking and color coat. The advantage in this state is you can choose your own color and paint scheme. Additional custom race theme modifications include bumper delete front and rear, grill delete, trim delete, fixed Lexan Le Mans style headlights and rear window with safety straps, Dzus fastened rear access panel (Grand Sport style) and L88 style rear quarter panels. Wheels are Indy slots 15x8.5 front and 15x10 rear with custom machined hub centric rings, tires are Cooper Cobras 235/60 fronts and 295/50 rears.

Interior:
As with the rest of the car, the interior was treated to a diet and the racing theme continues as all unnecessary components were removed although the stock dash and ‘63 door panels remain. Custom aluminum gauge and switch panels, Stewart Warner period gauges including giant center tach and reverse sweep speedometer were used. Aluminum short back racing buckets have been attached/integrated into the custom 6pt roll cage along with 5 point racing harnesses. An aluminum fuel tank, electric fuel pump, and Fram fuel filter are mounted behind the rear bulkhead and fully accessible via the removable “trunk” panel. New wiring, switches and lights have also been installed including, headlights (low and high), parking, turn signals, brake, horn, manual cooling fan, fuel pump and ignition.

Price:
Opportunities to own a unique Corvette such as this do not come around often. With basket case projects and fully restored coupes selling where they are, the price of $75,000 for this car is completely justified. If one wishes to consider purchasing as a “roller” with no engine/trans that can be negotiated.
The car is currently titled, registered, insured and street driven in California with less than 2000 miles since rebuild.

Thank you for your consideration and SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY may contact:
Dan at:
4 eight 4 - four 3 two - four 2 five 8 (text or call)
Old 05-19-2022, 10:45 AM
mfvVette
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 177 Posts

No offense, but I am not understand the multiple Craig's List FS postings. If you find a posting, like this one, shouldn't it be attached to a Forum member's WTB post that is looking for a similar car instead of a stand-alone FS post. I get that it brings to light a car for sale, but this would be like going to the ProTeam site and posting all of their available cars on here as individual FS posts. JMTC. Now all of the early-2000 members can yell at me.
The following users liked this post:
old60c1 (06-29-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 11:14 AM
Greg
Support Corvetteforum!

No one is forcing you to click on these listings.
sbsurfer (05-20-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 11:38 AM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 101 Posts

The side exhaust went to the rear tire on the real Grand Sport Cars. Guess it is a do what I like for the car on Craigslist.
Greg (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 11:44 AM
Greg
Support Corvetteforum!

Good point Thunder80. It looks like the CL car's exhaust exits just about where the driver's leg would step out of the car.
Old 05-19-2022, 12:17 PM
dklumpp
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice find! Keep posting Greg!!!
Greg (05-19-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 01:23 PM
mfvVette
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Greg
No one is forcing you to click on these listings.
I understand, Greg. But, I still have a valid point. We can agree to disagree. However, I have a feeling that you will have yet another all-bold comment. Keep 'em coming, appears people like the random finds. Have an awesome day.
Old 05-19-2022, 03:37 PM
Greg
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mfvVette
Have an awesome day.
You too my friend.
As others have mentioned here, don't you get tired of the endless WTB listings that are posted here with very few For Sale in return? I mean, it's great that the guys are looking for cars to buy, but who here should decide which listings should be made available to which members? Who will be the censor?
I belong to many car forums and they all include "Not mine, For Sale" listings which most seem to appreciate sharing. The only place I ever see complaints for someone offering a little free service like links to other cars for sale is right here on the C2 For Sale forum. The C3 For Sale forum seem to enjoy and welcome these listings and some pursue them. I only post private listings I find. I don't link to dealer ads. How do you know one of the cars I post a link to might not be exactly the car one of our members is looking for?
I've read all the whining and complaining about some of these craigslist ads posted here and realize some members must have a precise number of "clicks" allotted each day and my postings may be unnecessarily using them up, so in the interest of keeping things status quo, if the majority prefer I stop linking these ads, I'm happy to do so and remove the ads I've already posted.
It's no skin off my nose either way, I won't be offended. Please chime in.
Cheers, Greg

The following 2 users liked this post by Greg:
DrJames (05-20-2022), trajo (06-28-2022)
Old 05-19-2022, 08:38 PM
mfvVette
Burning Brakes

You are an original member, Greg...who am I to say anything. Shoot, you have forgotten more about Corvettes than could ever know. Keep doin' what you're doing, I am sure people like it. Wasn't trying to stir the pot, just voicing an opinion. Sally forth.
Greg (05-19-2022)
Old 05-20-2022, 12:04 AM
1in1969
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally like the FS posts.
keep em comin. 😁
Shawn
The following 5 users liked this post by 1in1969:
beatlescott (07-02-2022), DrJames (05-20-2022), Greg (05-20-2022), sbsurfer (05-20-2022), ZR1Bob (06-29-2022)
Old 06-28-2022, 07:39 PM
F5000driver
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I only like the FS posts if located in SoCal,,,,,,or maybe AZ!😎

Get notified of new replies

To 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - $75,000

Quick Reply: FS: 1965 Chevrolet Corvette Coupe - $75,000