Notices
C1 & C2 Corvettes for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used Classic Corvettes For Sale, Modified or Stock Corvettes, and Restored or Original Corvettes

1962 Corvette Roman Red 2 top power windows

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2024, 01:29 PM
roju1985
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
Default 1962 Corvette Roman Red 2 top power windows

For your consideration, I am selling my 1962 corvette Roman red black interior 2 top car with the uncommon power windows option. The car is currently in Bergen County NJ and I have a NJ title in hand.

The car has been in my family since 1978 and I have owned it since 2014, it was restored in the mid 80’s where it was painted with the roman red paint it has today. The original 327 has been changed to a period correct 327 engine and is currently coupled to a B&M TH350 3 speed automatic that was installed in 2019 that has very few miles on it. In addition I have all the parts to install a period correct T10 4 speed manual transmission that was rebuild by d&l transmissions in long island including new clutch and freshly surfaced flywheel. Since I have owned the car it has received minor updates and restorations including:

-Fresh rechromed window frame posts with tab modification and new weather strip

- Door pillars w/ new fuzzies

-dash pad

-Door weather stripping

-Date correct 3.55:1 positraction rear differential with correct P housing.

-Grill chrome trim (not including bumpers)

-Tail light housings and all taillights and turn signals converted to LED

-Antique Automobile reproduction wonderbar AM/FM with AUX input (no bluetooth)

Being an older restoration there are parts of the car that are showing their age, pictures speak 1000 words but I will try my best to describe the condition of the car in a unobjective and honest manor: The vinyl soft top while well fitting has a few holes, and the paint is what one would expect of an older restoration, with the exception being the hard top which will need a full restoration. It still has plenty of shine and gets lots of thumbs up going down the road but close up it has the patina of older lacquer paint including chips, cracks, and spider webs. The hood while I believe to be original had a hole cut in it at some point in the cars life and was patched (see pictures) But that just means you can drive and park it without the stress of a perfect paint job!

Mechanically the car is good, the engine starts and runs well and has never given me any issues overheating or otherwise and has strong oil pressure. The underside has the similar appearance of a car with an older restoration, but there is no major rust or issues beneath. The car has full stainless exhaust and brake lines. The electrical harness was replaced in the early 2000’s and the car has no electrical issues,
I am asking $52,000

Please feel free to ask any questions you might have and I will do my best to answer them honestly. I am admittedly not a C1 guru but I have learned a lot owning and working oon the car the last 10 years. I hope you will find I am trying to represent the condition of the car as best I can with good photos.

Last edited by roju1985; 05-20-2024 at 11:48 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by roju1985:
6242 (05-14-2024), LeeS (05-17-2024), sleepchamber (05-14-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 12:08 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,861 Likes on 2,088 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

OP has removed this item as being for sale.

Quick Reply: 1962 Corvette Roman Red 2 top power windows