C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bulkhead connector question

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Austin Aubinoe
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Throttle Corvette
Austin, all of our harnesses come from Lectric Limited and are Correct reproductions of the originals. The reason for the single connector is that this is only the engine harness. The other connector at the back of the fuse block is for the forward lamp harness. If you have any questions on these, or other harnesses, give us a call at 770-978-0803. We keep most of these harnesses in stock.
Hey thanks so much for clearing that up, I didnt know that. I wonder if I that has anything to do with the headlight switch causing the car to shut off, but I was kinda thinking it was just an increased load draw on an already weak main power connection.

So this main engine harness for $150 replaces all main power wires up to the bulkhead/ fuse box (besides battery cables of course). With the values of these cars the way the are, probably would be worth the $800 or so to rewire the whole car. One day.

Ill be in contact with you guys when im ready to buy (late May).
Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 PM
0Full Throttle Corvette
Former Vendor

Just give us a call when you are ready.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Austin Aubinoe
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
Yes - it bypasses the fragile, corroded main power connectors at the bulkhead. Most here buy their wiring harnesses from Lectric Limited or M&H. Do NOT go for cheap in this area; you will more than pay for that decision with crappy parts or problematic installation. I would bet the big vendors source their harnesses from one or the other of these suppliers.

You can buy a bulkhead connector repair kit if that's your preference:

http://www.mamotorworks.com/corvette...r-kit-617746-1

Never rewired a C2 so I can't answer the single bulkhead connector question. Also spending $25 for the Dr. Rebuild laminated color schematics is one of the best expenditures you can make for your car:
http://docrebuild.com/oosoez/8964101.html

Hey thanks, I saw that but I dont really think that part is my issue. Kinda want to pull that assembly apart to inspect it and replace the firewall gasket though.

Quick Reply: Bulkhead connector question