C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Bellingham MA,

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
61Vettedad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bellingham MA,

Does anyone know of the corvette place in Bellingham MA that had a repair or sales garage where he sold old corvettes and parts? I looked at a car he had years ago and wanted to see if he was still around... he was right off of I495 in Bellingham but, I can't remember the company name. Any info will be much appreciated!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Bob's 64
Instructor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Take the route 140 exit off of 495 in Bellingham head west on 140.
He should be on the left side of the road. Forgot the guys name, but
my 64 came from there.
Bob
Old 01-10-2006, 10:19 PM
JAMES69
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The garage is still there and he is still selling vettes. I live in Mendon which is just up the road off 140. I cruise past in alot in the summer checking out the collection. The vette garage is on your left on 140N or the right side on 140S. If you take 140N off of 495, keep going past BJ's and go a couple of more lights (still in Bellingham). In the summer, he usually has a couple of vettes in the lot, more inside. I recall that last year, he even had a website (perhaps if you googled Corvettes in Bellingham).

take care,
Jim
Old 01-11-2006, 01:33 PM
achapman
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 61Vettedad
Does anyone know of the corvette place in Bellingham MA that had a repair or sales garage where he sold old corvettes and parts? I looked at a car he had years ago and wanted to see if he was still around... he was right off of I495 in Bellingham but, I can't remember the company name. Any info will be much appreciated!
His name is Eric and he usually runs an ad in the local Auto Hunter, the yellow page sections in the back. I am at work so I don't have access to my copy, otherwise I would give you the number. By the way he does not use a garage name. My dealings with him were not very pleasant, he offered me $90K for both my 63 SWC and my 67 427/400 Vert, a Trailer Queen, with Top Flight awards, this past summer. But then I have to remember he is a dealer....
Old 01-11-2006, 01:56 PM
quahog
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Default bellingham vette dealer

the owner is eric hollander he's on 119 mechanic st. bellingham, ma. 02019 the company name is vett-pro international 508 996 2029 or toll free 1888 838 8776 . he is a '' dealer" ' '
Old 01-11-2006, 07:21 PM
SEEVT65
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Bellingham dealer

I do not usually speak up on this forum, but in this case I feel compelled.
Back in 199X' I went to look at a Corvette that Bellingham had for sale. There was this ad, just as someone stated in an earlier post, in the yellow pages of the "Auto Punter" mag.
The ad went somthing like:
196X Corvette original engine, and tank sticker, good driver.
When we arrived, Bellingham was most pleasant, and when I asked to go for a drive, off we went.
The car ran rough upon start up ( not all 8 of em' tickin?).
Anyway, I did not drive? We had only gone 1/4 mile at the most when
there was a "snap" in the rear. Must be a U-joint. It was also running horrible. We turned around and returned to the shop. The shop was full so I did not get a chance to really inspect the underside of the car.
We discussed the engine, and there were also the U-joint(s).
We negotiated the price down some, and I bought the car.
I returned the following week to get the car. It was quite obvious to me at the time that Bellingham and/or their employees were very knowledgable in the Vette. business. There were several cars outside and inside. Some being worked on.
We loaded the car and went home............

Here is the dose of reality.
The "snap" was the trailing arm(s) shifting because the frame was rusted at the kick ups. (filled with goop and painted.)
The engine had a lobe on the cam that was round as a quarter.(exhaust valve).
We only went a few hundred yards for a test drive because the radiator was rotten at the bottom, and would not hold water. Their could not have been any water in the car.

I am not saying that the seller had any prior knowledge of these issues or did anything to hide them. He presented the car period.

I was the "wet behind the ears" Corvette buyer who finally had enough cash to buy that dream car, and this one was very reasonable, had the tank sticker and original engine...sounds great right? I am not a little embarassed to tell this story, talk about one born every...!!!

I will say to all of you perspective buyers, do not do what I did i.e. get
your education the hard/expensive way. Listen to the advice of others on this forum. If you do not know what you are getting into..get help!
It is free here.

This event happened almost 10 years ago, Bellingham is still selling Corvettes, so I think things must have changed.

Then there was the car I bought from the Lawyer in Lousiana.
Old 01-11-2006, 07:31 PM
chris ritchie
Melting Slicks

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Is this the guy you mean?

http://www.wildbillscorvette.com/

The street address says "Wrentham." But I went down there once and it seemed very close to Bellingham and I seem to remember it was right off 495. I also seem to remember he said he'd moved.
The following users liked this post:
65specialk (05-02-2016)
Old 01-11-2006, 08:25 PM
achapman
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris ritchie
Is this the guy you mean?

http://www.wildbillscorvette.com/

The street address says "Wrentham." But I went down there once and it seemed very close to Bellingham and I seem to remember it was right off 495. I also seem to remember he said he'd moved.
Nooooooooo.... Wild Bill has a solid rep and is very much involved with Vettes on the South Shore of Boston.... Been the the Vet business for a lot of years..... Don't confuse him with Eric Hollander.....
The following users liked this post:
bill3302 (05-02-2016)
Old 01-11-2006, 09:31 PM
61Vettedad
Advanced

The shop I went to was in Bellingham... but was not vette pro international... it was in the same area, The shop had three or four garage doors on the front and the office on the left and was small and close to the main street, the owner was real nice and let me look around the shop vettes,classics,hotrods. Anyone remember this place? I think the name of it on his business card was like "CCC" (corvette classic and cruzers) or something like that?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:58 PM
gonefishn
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Agree with achapman, Wild Bill is a great guy and very knowledgable. First time I met him he let my son and I hang around his shop and talk while he worked. Never used him yet, but if I ever needed anything done I couldn't do myself, he would be my first choice.

John
Old 01-12-2006, 04:50 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Default Bellingham.....ouch

just my two cents worth here and it seems to align with others...i stopped in one evening in my bb he came out and talked...asked to look at the car so i opened the hood etc...well he first says its a small block car...then said no its a big block car...then says it missing this and that..then says no its not... duhhhhhh then wanted to buy if off me... i looked at what he had in the shop with a friend of mine whos been in the business for 40 yrs....JUNK...hes a talker....wheeler dealer... but from my point of view...someone i would not do business with...

now my car may not be a perfect numbers matching top flight car....but its an original big block car...that this guy...the expert couldnt tell bylooking at? come on guys..we all know what to look for. but again...this is my 2 cents worth... as far as wild bills.. a good reputation from anyone who has dealt with him knows.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:49 AM
jrepoff
Pro

I think it is interesting reading all of these responses from corvette owners in Mass...Good to see all of you. I do not have input because I have never bought anything from Bellingham but if I was I would plan to ask many questions and do my home work before I put any money on the table. But this would be true with any major purchase...Good luck !!!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:48 AM
stingrayraleigh
Heel & Toe

Default Bellingham Corvette Eric Hollander

Not sure if he is even in business anymore. This guy is one of the sleaziest people you would ever meet. Do not buy anything from him, he would steal the dirt from under your fingernails. He is a scum bag.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
brucep
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.vettpro.com/

I bought my 66 Corvette from him, then had him sell two others cars for me (not Corvettes). I saw him as someone in business focussed on making money buying/selling a special type of used car, old Corvettes. I had no problem with him on either type of transaction. ymmv
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
MICK3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

61Vettedad,
The garage you're talking about is on Pulaski Blvd. in the south end of Bellingham, the business relocated to Mechanic St. (Rte 140) towards the center of town, from Rte 495 you would take exit 17, Rte 140 in Franklin follow Rte 140 into Bellingham the garage will be on your left next to the post office approx 1/2 mile from the center of town.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:49 AM
tango0919
1st Gear

Default buyer beware

This guy has his cars registered in NH so he doesn't have to pay taxes on the blue book value, then sells them in MA. He is under investigation by the FBI and he also personally broke into my home and helped a friend steal a car that was registered illegaly. He has no morals and would sell a lemon to the Pope. I have reported him to numerous agencies (Providence Police, NH Town Hall, FBI) and will follow up to make sure he doesn't continue to scam his customers. STAY AWAY...BUYER BEWARE!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 08:25 AM
dharris45
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Another who learned about Eric the hard way

I'm another former customer of Boulevard Motors and Eric. I can not used the words on a public forum that will appropriately describe my opinion of him.

I learned a hard lesson about trusting someone and dealing long distance and bought what was described as a car just needing a little finish work and all there, and ended up being a basket case.

Never trust and always verify when buying an older car from anyone is my motto now.

tango0919, please post any update you get regarding to bringing him to rightful justice. I would love to hear he has been sent to the Big House for a few years.

Don

Last edited by dharris45; 05-02-2016 at 08:27 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Bellingham MA,

Old 05-02-2016, 09:46 AM
rtruman
Safety Car

Received 441 Likes on 319 Posts

Old 05-04-2016, 09:15 AM
jack 64
7th Gear

I live between Boulevard Motors, and Wild Bills shop. For the past 2 years, both have closed their shops.
8 years ago when I bought my first Corvette (64 Vert. 365HP) I brought it to Wild Bill for a inspection. He told me the car will never be worth anything, and I should sell it. He also gave me wrong information on what the car should have been built with. Said the car was all wrong, made me feel like crap. Then he charged me $100! He has since moved to Florida. 1 year later, this car won 1st place in a Judged show.
As for Eric, he is a piece of s#&t!! The one time I stopped at his shop, there were about 4 high school kids working there. As I was looking at the cars, I asked a few of the kids what they were doing (they all had a spray bomb in each hand) they said they are "restoring the corvettes"!! I asked if any of the parts were to be removed before painting to avoid overspray? The kid said "no, the way Eric takes pictures of the cars, you wont see it."
I was told from a 67 corvette owner that Eric swap"t out parts off the car before it was delivered. The owner had pictures to prove it.
All I can say is, I'm glad the both of them are gone.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:00 PM
ILBMF
Drifting

Received 139 Likes on 128 Posts

That's pretty damn Effed up!

Quick Reply: Bellingham MA,