C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

C1 Side Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2001, 12:55 PM
cfreeman
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C1 Side Motor Mounts

I am installing a Crate motor (350 RamJet) in my 1960 vette. The front motor mount setup will not work. Can anyone tell me were I can get a side motor kit. I would like to bolt it on if possible, if not I would weld some on.
Thanks
Old 08-13-2001, 02:00 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: C1 Side Motor Mounts (cfreeman)

I know the front motor mount setup will work as I know someone who has installed a Ramjet 350 in a 62.

The only mods he had to make was to the brace across the insinde of the hood.He had to trim it a little bit to clear TB. :smash: :smash: :smash:
Old 08-13-2001, 02:15 PM
cfreeman
5th Gear

Default Re: C1 Side Motor Mounts (Duntov-097)

I removed the water pump and tried installing the bracket. It would not clear the bottom of the intake manifold. I did install it on another 350 (L-98) it cleared. Its the intake manifold of the ramjet that it won't clear. I would like to know how your friend got around that problem. And thanks for the clearance info, I was worried about the hood.
Old 08-13-2001, 07:44 PM
59er
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: C1 Side Motor Mounts (cfreeman)

cfreeman,

If you can't get around the orig, mount then I beleive that Corvette Central sells weld on mounts. I'll check the cat, out later but I know that I've seen them in one of the parts books.

Mark.
Old 08-13-2001, 10:34 PM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Re: C1 Side Motor Mounts (59er)

I know on my 57 I had to trim a little of the bottom of the intake to get the mount to fit.

I've got his phone # If its okay with him I'll forward it to you.

The weld on mounts i've seen only work with different front suspension as the drag link has an interference problem.

They don't tell you that until after they ship it and have your money though! :mad

This happened to me about a year ago.I don't know if they changed anything.

Bob
Old 08-15-2001, 01:37 PM
cfreeman
5th Gear

Default Re: C1 Side Motor Mounts (Duntov-097)

That would be great if you could forward his number. I saw on Corvette Central's page they now have a note that says their weld mounts can not be used with org. steering box.

Get notified of new replies

To C1 Side Motor Mounts

Quick Reply: C1 Side Motor Mounts