C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'67 value

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2001, 02:44 AM
blown454
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default '67 value

I have a line on a '67 roadster. It is a 435 horse car but the orig. motor is missing. It currently has a LS6 motor & an M22 (not orig. either) and runs pretty good. The only options that the car has are tinted windows, TI & F41. The car has flares (front & rear) & a duck tail. It is a hard top (good cond) only car. The body is in pretty good shape other than the body modifications. The interior is fair but all there. The frame has no rust & does not look like it has ever been in an accident. The front bumpers are also missing. Other than that the car is complete. My question is, what would be a fair price for the car? Because it is a 435 horse car does it increase its value, even though the drive train is not original? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:
Old 08-15-2001, 09:45 AM
Stingrr
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: '67 value (blown454)

Depends on what you want out of the car If you're planning to restore it to original specs, you're looking at quite an outlay of cash to get rid of the flares and duck tail, etc. Then you'd have to consider the engine. You could try finding an original service replacement or even use one of the new ZL1 aluminum-block 427's. However, it won't be the original motor, which would be generally considered a major hit on the car's value, by as much as 15K in the case of a 435-hp version. Then there's the interior's condition - you said "fair." Sounds like it'd need some work as well. Bottom line, you'll lose money if you plan to restore the car - that's just the way it is in this kind of hobby. Note the word "hobby" - a NOM Vette, even one that was originally a 435-hp '67, won't have as much of an investment value as a Vette with original, documented drivetrain. Anyway, I've seen such cars with asking prices of 15 to 25K, which I'd consider fair. Others may have different opinions, though - try talking to folks in your local Vette club or NCRS chapter.
Old 08-15-2001, 09:45 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: '67 value (blown454)

What is the value of the car done? BTW $55K to $85K, now how much would it take to get it that way, muliply that times 3 and supptract from the value to get what it is worth, without the doc's the car is only worth about $15 to 22K in my opinion.
I have a line on a '67 roadster. It is a 435 horse car but the orig. motor is missing. It currently has a LS6 motor & an M22 (not orig. either) and runs pretty good. The only options that the car has are tinted windows, TI & F41. The car has flares (front & rear) & a duck tail. It is a hard top (good cond) only car. The body is in pretty good shape other than the body modifications. The interior is fair but all there. The frame has no rust & does not look like it has ever been in an accident. The front bumpers are also missing. Other than that the car is complete. My question is, what would be a fair price for the car? Because it is a 435 horse car does it increase its value, even though the drive train is not original? Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks. :confused:
Old 08-16-2001, 11:54 AM
blown454
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Re: '67 value (Stingrr)

Thanks for the advice guys. I just picked up the car & I'm totally stoked. I'm not in it to make money or to have a matching numbers trailer queen, but just a cool, clean car to drive & enjoy. I already have the flare replacement panels on the way. I saw this other mid-year that sold on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cg...item=594170084) for 14.5K, & it really made me feel good about the purchase. Again, thanks for your advice.
D.

[Modified by blown454, 9:26 PM 8/16/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To '67 value

Quick Reply: '67 value