C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

'53 Vette Unrestored

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:48 PM
rgs
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen and laid hands on a Manning Special, one of only 3 built by Charles Manning. According to a published book on Specials, none survived that were actually built by Manning. There are others built off of blueprints he sold, but the book is wrong. It is in numerous pieces in two locations in a Chicago suburb. The owner was a friend of my late father-in-law and knows that if he ever decides to sell it, I get first option.
I bought my '67 435hp, original engine, ex-racer out from under a tree in Central Iowa in 1988 for $750!
Barn finds do exist, I have proof.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Alex in Germany
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an unrestored 53 at the annual show put on by Corvettes of Arkansas show in Searcy every year. The owner doesn't live in Little Rock but rather a small town about 30 miles north. I attended their show the last 2 years but am not a member. It was my first all Corvette show and I came to the conclusion that I'm a car guy who owns a Corvette, not a Corvette guy.

Cheers,

Alex
Old 01-13-2007, 02:35 PM
ml1955
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '55 yard find

I got my '55 about 25 years ago, it was sitting in a guys back yard with weeds growing through it. Had a nice set of beehives in it as well. Found those when I was towing it home. Nice little swarm to deal with. I have sat on the car for many years and finally started to restore it last year. It sat in a guys shop for four years and was mentioned on a few sites as a "find" they are around...

Quick Reply: '53 Vette Unrestored