C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Stamp pad judging question. Not the 65!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:58 AM
kenEDMUNDS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Stamp pad judging question. Not the 65!

The way I understand it, a stamp pad is judged in three areas. The pad itself-broach marks, the assembly date stamp and the vin stamp. If one had a correct dated original motor that is a few serial numbers off and the original vin stamp was overstamped with Xs and a new vin number was stamped above it leaving the assembly stamp alone, how would the pad judge? Would the broach marks and the assembly date be given full credit and the vin stamp get a total deduct? Or would the whole thing be thrown out and I would be drawn and quartered?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Joel 67
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Drawn and quartered!

You'd get credit for the pad surface, credit for the date if it predates your vehicle assembly date and suffix, and no credit for the VIN.

This is how you can Duntov a car without matching numbers
Old 01-29-2007, 12:20 PM
mdz06vetter
Melting Slicks

Received 106 Likes on 90 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15

as Joel mentions, a 38 point VIN derivative deduction, provided everything else is as indicated
Old 01-29-2007, 01:27 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,857 Likes on 1,100 Posts

Originally Posted by kenEDMUNDS
The way I understand it, a stamp pad is judged in three areas. The pad itself-broach marks, the assembly date stamp and the vin stamp. If one had a correct dated original motor that is a few serial numbers off and the original vin stamp was overstamped with Xs and a new vin number was stamped above it leaving the assembly stamp alone, how would the pad judge? Would the broach marks and the assembly date be given full credit and the vin stamp get a total deduct? Or would the whole thing be thrown out and I would be drawn and quartered?
You'd get a 25-point deduction for the VIN stamp; the engine plant stamp (25 points) and the pad surface (38 points) would fly, assuming they appeared to be typical of factory production. You'd get the same deduction if you just left the original (incorrect number) VIN stamp alone instead of X-ing it out.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:06 PM
kenEDMUNDS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnZ
You'd get a 25-point deduction for the VIN stamp; the engine plant stamp (25 points) and the pad surface (38 points) would fly, assuming they appeared to be typical of factory production. You'd get the same deduction if you just left the original (incorrect number) VIN stamp alone instead of X-ing it out.
Thanks guys, I will just leave vin the way it is-maybe the car will surface one day!
Ken

Get notified of new replies

To Stamp pad judging question. Not the 65!

Quick Reply: Stamp pad judging question. Not the 65!