C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Interior Color Trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Sting Ray Phan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Color Trim

I am looking up the "correct" terminology for the color trim for my car for a repro window sticker. It has a Teal Blue interior. And from what I have gathered from the things I've read so far: it was referred to as "Dk.Blue" or "Dk/Blue" for Dark Blue.
However, I've noticed a lot of variances though in window stickers I've seen. Some would say: "Leather Black Trm" (putting material 1st --then color)... others would say "Brt/Blue Vinyl Trm" (color 1st --then the material).

Is that a case of: IF it's leather... the material is mentioned first? And if it's Vinyl... color name came first?

And some stickers that say nothing about the interior trim on the list of options (I'm assuming those were just Standard Black Vinyl?).

Has anyone ever heard or seen the Teal interior referred to on a window sticker (or tank sticker) as "Teal Blue" ? or was it always Dark Blue?

People ask some crazy questions when looking at your car at a car show... and some judges have some silly notions when looking over the details of your car at a show... I would rather refer to the interior color on my window sticker as "Teal Blue" if that's PC ---just to cut down on the idea that somehow the car came with a different color interior and I chose to change it out for Teal, when it really should be Dk.Blue (which to me is Navy Blue!).
Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,859 Likes on 1,102 Posts

It would have said "Leather Dk Teal Blue Trm".

Quick Reply: Interior Color Trim