C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Visit to Harps Garage Mahal today

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Default Visit to Harps Garage Mahal today

Well it was a beautiful day down here in the Carolinas today and Harps and his Father hosted a garage day. There were a lot of vettes from the RTP club as well as the cars at the Garage Mahal. It was great to get the car out in this cool weather and make a nice drive. It also allowed me to hear Harps new BB run again. Man that thing is a beast. The vids that he has posted do not do the car justice. I can't wait to see the car completed as all of the work that Rob has done has been top notch.

Since I don't have a lift and the Garage Mahal does I took the opportunity to through my car up on the lift to check out somethings. Namely the Power Steering Control Valve that I rebuilt last weekend. As well as the oil pan gasket that I replaced three weeks ago. The PSCV seems not to be leaking however the oil pan is leaking. I think that I have a timing cover problem not an oil pan problem.. I'll circle back around and fix it this winter.

We had a pretty good showing but some how I missed getting pics of the late model vettes.. Go visit your local dealer and you'll get the effect of how it looked there this afternoon..

Since it was so nice I also rode out to check out this weeks progress on the new house. The lighting was right so I thought I'd snap a few more pics.. Just playing with my new camera.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:56 PM
silverado2005
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boy, you guys down there have nice houses! Gonna be in Statesville Thursday morning. I know, not close enough! but thought I would warn you. In and out on this trip, not even time to find one of those "pole" bars.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Grey Ghost
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 11-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Originally Posted by silverado2005
Boy, you guys down there have nice houses! Gonna be in Statesville Thursday morning. I know, not close enough! but thought I would warn you. In and out on this trip, not even time to find one of those "pole" bars.
Oh yea the Statesville area is definately known for those houses of ill repute.

Yea Harps Garage Mahal is definitely on the list of to do things if you get back to Raleigh. Dave
Old 11-11-2007, 10:21 PM
knight37128
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
jeff batchelor
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave,

Man your car looks good with that top on it. It looks like you have been working on the underside also. Very clean. You guys would laugh at my car if I put it on that lift. The 67 is looking also. (Im sort of partial to those BB Coupes.) Thats a very nice house you bought. What are you and Stacy going to do in that big house all by yourselves? Im going to try to get up that way soon.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Originally Posted by jeff batchelor
Dave,

Man your car looks good with that top on it. It looks like you have been working on the underside also. Very clean. You guys would laugh at my car if I put it on that lift. The 67 is looking also. (Im sort of partial to those BB Coupes.) Thats a very nice house you bought. What are you and Stacy going to do in that big house all by yourselves? Im going to try to get up that way soon.

Jeff
Jeff, You need to get that BB Coupe you are so partial to out on the road. Clayton is a nice ride from you and you can stretch the legs on that bad boy LS7 that you have... Oh and the house just looks big the garage is a side loader so the right two windows are in the garage. We plan on having children eventually so I'm just getting a head start on the house plus I need a bigger garage. The plan is to build a detached to house all of my crap so Stacie can have a clean house..
Old 11-11-2007, 11:18 PM
bigearl56
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Fun Day!

Dave, Sounds like you had a great day. House looks good and I know you are going yo love it. That Rob guy has some cool chit don't he? Thanks for the pics.

Earl
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Plastic Pig
Live Free or Die
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: One thing is for sure this kind of discourse and BS would not be tolerated on the NCRS forum. Ohio
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Looks like fun Dave. Missed you at the track rental....you never even called....

Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 AM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Dave,
The new digs are going to be really nice!! Bet you can't wait to build that detached garage. Harps garage looks awesome, you can use his as a model for yours! I need to get my butt in gear and finish off the inside of mine. I hope to get a lift ordered soon but keep flopping back and forth on if I want a 2 vice 4 post

Stop on by next time your up in the hood, it's always a pleasure having a beer and shooting the bull with ya
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by youwish2bme

Yea Harps Garage Mahal is definitely on the list of to do things if you get back to Raleigh. Dave
Dave, glad you could get by yesterday and visit for a while. Wish we had some time to start ripping that rearend out of the 67', but it will happen very shortly.

It was great to get your car up in the air and take a look at some of the work you've done as well. Man, you could eat off the bottom of that car. You're welcome to use the lift any time you need it. Just remember, if the vette stays over night, the keys have to be turned over into my possession.

For those that haven't stopped by, then please do. It's nice to have fellow hobbyist over. We're always around for a conversation about the cars, and like hanging out to chat about them.

I've got some pics too that I'll post up shortly. Some pretty cool newer rides showed up, and unfortunately a couple of locals missed out on the chance due to a mishap with the meeting place.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Originally Posted by Harps
Dave, glad you could get by yesterday and visit for a while. Wish we had some time to start ripping that rearend out of the 67', but it will happen very shortly.

It was great to get your car up in the air and take a look at some of the work you've done as well. Man, you could eat off the bottom of that car. You're welcome to use the lift any time you need it. Just remember, if the vette stays over night, the keys have to be turned over into my possession.

For those that haven't stopped by, then please do. It's nice to have fellow hobbyist over. We're always around for a conversation about the cars, and like hanging out to chat about them.

I've got some pics too that I'll post up shortly. Some pretty cool newer rides showed up, and unfortunately a couple of locals missed out on the chance due to a mishap with the meeting place.
Hey there slick where are your pics? Thanks as always for the opportunity to come over and hang out in the garage mahal. You guys have the nicest place to work on cars. We just need to get you some more tools..

Jeff, I hear you brother. Next time I'm up that way I want to check out your ride. Maybe we can get together the day after Thanksgiving. Shoot me an email if you are going to be around. I hear cold beer and I'm there.. Ya I can't wait to get moved in, they have about two weeks and we close. It's going to take about a year before I start my own Garage Mahal. It'll never be like Rob's place but I plan on having enough room to do what I like.. Talk to you soon.. Dave
Old 11-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Hey there slick where are your pics?

Hey man, sorry for the delay. Some work stuff got in the way yesterday from getting them uploaded. That, and several of mine didn't come out that good. I am not sure whats up with the camera.

Anyways, here's some shots of a few of the rides that showed up.

I was really digging the Ron Fellows Ed Z06...

And yes, that white 66' was the best sounding car of them all.

Here's another shot of Dave's car on the lift.

The rest really didn't turn out that great. We'll just have to schedule another visit here soon and get more cars there.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
1coolC2
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Jeff, I hear you brother. Next time I'm up that way I want to check out your ride. Maybe we can get together the day after Thanksgiving. Shoot me an email if you are going to be around. I hear cold beer and I'm there.. Ya I can't wait to get moved in, they have about two weeks and we close. It's going to take about a year before I start my own Garage Mahal. It'll never be like Rob's place but I plan on having enough room to do what I like.. Talk to you soon.. Dave
Come on by Dave, I'll be around.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Hitch
Race Director

Originally Posted by Harps

And yes, that white 66' was the best sounding car of them all.

Oh I have to respectfully disagree, my car has nothing on that fire breathing 427 with those fancy 3 duece setup and side pipes.. VERY We just have to get the rear removed so it can be rebuilt. I want to see you drive this thing before Liz is old enough to drive
Old 11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Oh I have to respectfully disagree, my car has nothing on that fire breathing 427 with those fancy 3 duece setup and side pipes.. VERY We just have to get the rear removed so it can be rebuilt. I want to see you drive this thing before Liz is old enough to drive

I gotta say, our two cars rolling together will probably be a real sight to see...and hear. Let's hope that happens by next summer.

That's my goal, get it all wrapped up and on the road by then.

Liz should be riding in it LONG before she's able to ask for the keys. Gosh, that is one scary thought.

Get notified of new replies

To Visit to Harps Garage Mahal today

Quick Reply: Visit to Harps Garage Mahal today