C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Canadian Friends

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 10:49 AM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Canadian Friends

I would like to offer a hearty "Happy Thanksgiving" to all, and particularly to our Canadian friends to the North. Yes, I know you have already celebrated your Thanksgiving last month, but I want you to know how thankful we are to have you all as such good neighbors.
I have been working in Toronto for the past month, and have had the opportunity to see and hear first hand, just how friendly and supportive Canada and Canadians are and have been to us in times of peace as well as in times of crisis.
Our futures are tied together culturally and economically, and I view Canada as partner and friend. I certainly hope and feel that our future together is a bright one.
Old 11-22-2001, 11:41 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Canadian Friends (63Corvette)

:cheers:

Hey Garrett, when are we all going to get together??!!??!! If I knew you were here for a month already, you could have joined the C3 boys for one of our final get togethers. :yesnod:
Old 11-22-2001, 11:53 AM
Blkblt
Drifting

I could not agree more or say it better. :yesnod:

In my career, I have spent enough months to equal years working all over Canada...it is my second favorite country inhabited by some of my favorite people. In my opinion, the US has no closer or better friend.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: to the North. :seeya

Jeff
Ô66. Modified L72
ÒThe Silver BeastÓ
Keep on :seeya :seeya :flag
Old 11-22-2001, 01:18 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Canadian Friends (SuperFast80)

Hey Garrett, when are we all going to get together??!!??!! If I knew you were here for a month already, you could have joined the C3 boys for one of our final get togethers. :yesnod:
Not to worry SuperFast80. He's coming back north in a few days and has agreed to a get-together....even being so magnanimous as to allow the inclusion of a certain '80s owner :jester More soon.

And right back at ya, Garrett and all Americans reading this. We've always felt like your northern brothers....never more so than after 09-11-01.

We may fly a different flag...we may not always see eye-to-eye on the issues of the day....but God Bless America!

:flag
Old 11-22-2001, 06:03 PM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Canadian Friends (67HEAVEN)

Couldn't have said it better than 67HEAVEN. As a Canadian, I'm proud to have the good old USA as our friendly neighbour to the south and as you can tell from my signature/avatar, feel very sympathetic to all Americans regarding 9-11.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!
Old 11-23-2001, 12:51 AM
Vetterodder
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Amen to that! I had the genuine pleasure of being a Canadian resident for 2 years back in the 70's and all of the Canadians I've known since then have only reinforced my positive opinion of Canadians. There are good people everywhere but, imho, Canada has more per capita than anyplace else. Though nothing moves me more than our Stars and Stripes, I get a good feeling whenever I see the Maple Leaf.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:24 AM
pittsaj
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Canadian Friends (Vetterodder)

I would also like to thank Canada for their help on 9-11
Many of our aircraft were diverted to Canada because they were not allowed to land in the US..
Many people are not aware that Canada opened their airports and allowed them to land there..
Some of their cities doubled in population because of these landings

You are our friends and are always welcome..

Aye (sp?)

Tony

[Modified by pittsaj, 10:27 PM 11/22/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To Canadian Friends

Quick Reply: Canadian Friends