C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Great Article in Corvette Fever

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Busted Knuckle
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Great Article in Corvette Fever

Rich and Barbara Lagasse' Split Personality Part 5 is finally in print. I was lucky enough to get to see this completed chassis before the body was installed. I know the photos in the magazine are excellent but I have to be honest. No photography (sorry Rich) can match getting to see this piece in person. If you get a chance to see the completed car, take the time to "look under". You won't be disappointed! Great article about a Great car built by some Great Friends.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:20 PM
6T5RUSH
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

Busted Knuckle,

If this is the same car entered in the Autorama in Detroit this past March, you're so right! Outstanding workmanship that is definitely Rich Lagasse's signature.

I don't get that mag...is this it?

Congratulations definitely in order to Rich!

Regards,

Jim
Old 04-14-2008, 08:26 PM
oldschoolvette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow
Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Bluestripe67
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,466 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

That is a work of art by the one and only, Lagasse's. Dennis
Old 04-15-2008, 05:18 AM
Ron Champe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You folks have to see this one! Rich allowed me the opportunity to lay under the car at Detroit to take a closer look at this masterpiece...this chassis could easily compete with the "Big Boys". It just doesn't get any better than this.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 AM
crw41
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

No knock against people like Boyd Coddington (RIP) or Foose - but, they are not even close to being in Rich's leauge.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 AM
BarryK
Le Mans Master

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by crw41
No knock against people like Boyd Coddington (RIP) or Foose - but, they are not even close to being in Rich's leauge.
of course not...... BC, Foose, etc may be 'top dogs" in custom cars professionally but they are still working with limitations of customers budgets, employees, time constraints, and making a profit.
People like Rich Lagasse & John McGraw build their cars out of the love of building them for themselves and their craftsmanship and attention to detail is pretty much out of just about anyones league.
Having seen Rich's '62 and '67 cars previously I'd be shocked if the '63 was anything less than pure perfection and a rolling piece of art.

What I wouldn't give to be neighbors to either Rich or John just so I could watch them work and learn from them.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:14 AM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

Wow....!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 11:29 AM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Jim,

You must have an "in" with the post office as we still haven't received our issue yet.....

Thanks for all the nice comments but comparisons to folks like Foose are a real stretch as we're just home builders enjoying ourselves.

We started to draft the sixth project series installment yesterday. These things are more work than you would think but fun to do. Links to the first four installments are on page 10 of our web site along with lots more pictures of the project through it's various stages.

Thanks again,

Rich & Barb
Old 04-16-2008, 02:04 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Rich,

Got my copy up in the sticks yesterday, after seeing the Detroit pics, I hope you are bringing to Carlisle, for all to drool near ,but not on.

Tom M
Old 04-16-2008, 02:10 PM
avideo
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What A Super Nice Car!

A white interior in a rally red C2 has to be one of the most striking color combinations ever. I saw a raffle car at Hot August Nights about two summers ago, and it was a similar color combination. I must have put out at least $50.00 in raffle tickets at the time to win it. Didn't win it - but will eventually look for such a car to match our 1966 convertible.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Tom McCabe
Rich,

Got my copy up in the sticks yesterday, after seeing the Detroit pics, I hope you are bringing to Carlisle, for all to drool near ,but not on.

Tom M
Tom, ours finally arrived today. It's funny but a friend in Canada received his three days ago....... go figure!

We do plan to be in Carlisle. Our former 67 will also be there as well and it will be great to see that one again.

Dave, the interior colors may not be clear from the pictures but it's actually a two-tone light and medium grey.

Rich
Old 04-16-2008, 08:20 PM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Rich, I got my copy yesterday and I think it is great how you and Corvette Fever have worked together to let us follow along step by step the build process of such an awesome car.

I can't wait to see it in person at Carlisle plus one of your earlier builds Matt's 67.

Jeff
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM
matts vettes
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the nice comments but comparisons to folks like Foose are a real stretch as we're just home builders enjoying ourselves.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Rich is just to modest. After seeing Split Personality in person I can only encourage people to stop by and visit with Rich & Barb at Carlisle this summer and get the Grand Tour. There are so many subtle modifications incorperated into this build that even the seasoned Corvette Veteran is going to have trouble spotting them all. The 63 is truly on another level, the only thing close is the two wonderful people who built it.

Yes, it is true the 67, my wife Carol and I are making the long trip back east to this years Carlisle event. We are even bringing a couple friends along with their Pro Classic styled mid years for a first time at Carlisle.

We are eager to attend such a large event with our cars and get a chance to reunite Rich & Barb with the 67 once again! I'm just worried that after the 67 see's Rich, she may not want to start for me again.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Pro-Classic Stingray
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you come to Carlisle this year, I would recommend bringing your oxygen tanks and Nitrogylcerin pills. I have had the distinct pleasure of viewing the "intimate" details of both Rich's Split Personality at the Autorama and Matt's '67. These cars side by side will absolutely take your breath away! These are two Corvette enthusiasts that I am proud to have as friends. Don't miss Carlisle this year!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:56 PM
kenmo
Le Mans Master

Received 107 Likes on 51 Posts

What issie of Corvette Fever is this article in? I went to the newsstand at lunch time but I issue I looked at did not have this article....
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM
richscorvettes
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by kenmo
What issie of Corvette Fever is this article in? I went to the newsstand at lunch time but I issue I looked at did not have this article....
It's in the June issue. Subscribers sometimes receive their issues before it hits the news-stands but that differs from one bookstore to the next. If that's the case with your store it may be on their shelves in the week or so.

Jeff, Matt and Dave,

Barb and I are looking forward to seeing everyone in Carlisle.

Rich

Get notified of new replies

To Great Article in Corvette Fever

Quick Reply: Great Article in Corvette Fever