C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

I Accidentally got an NCRS Judging...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default I Accidentally got an NCRS Judging...

Hey Gang!

So, the new BC NCRS Chapter held it's first judging school here in town, and I had offered up my car as a teaching aid - hoping to find out more about the car, and to get an idea of what may be possible with it. Other than autocrossing it against Porsches and tearing through the back-mountain roads, that is. So, I arrive at the event and find that they have a superb turnout of seasoned Judges, and have decided to make the evaluation official. And with no prep whatsoever, and a box of 'correct' parts in the basement that didn't quite make it on the car yet, a friendly swarm enveloped the car for about 6 hours...

It turned out pretty good. I ended up with a strong 3rd Flight - only a percent off of 2nd, and only missed a couple of items on the operations evaluation. Not a bad day for the car, indeed! I was pretty stunned by the outcome of the day, to say the least.

So, a big thanks to Arne and Grant, and all the great folks who helped to put this event on, and who participated and made it possible!

Arne's 63 next to my 64:

The Swarm on the Car:

The End of the Day:

It'll be interesting to see how far that box of parts gets me next time out...

Last edited by darguy; 09-01-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Glad you had a good time.

I've said for years that the best thing an owner can do is to take his car to a Chapter meet, OR as in your case, offer it up for a judging school.

My chapter will often do a judging school, using a members car, and make it an official event.

It's an easy way to get a "laundry list" of items "to do", IF NCRS is your thing.

LOTS of tremendous folks in NCRS, all around the USA and Canada.

I recognize a lot of faces in you pictures.

Chuck
Old 09-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Mr D.
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,003 Posts

I have been kicking around the idea of getting my car judged once the frame off is complete just to see where I stand. There is a lot about the car that is correct and I would be happy as a pig in mud for a 3rd flight.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Johnny 66
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your car! I just bought a '66 coupe, and wouldnt mind donating it as a test vehicle to see what it needs also, although I doubt I would persuit the NCRS thing anytime soon.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 AM
53 Blue Flame Brett
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Congrats!

There are a bunch of great NCRS folks out there. I'm glad you had a good time.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:55 AM
Fawndeuce
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Congrats and glad you had a good time. The winter that I got my '62, the local Quebec chapter held a judging school at my house to go over the car. Very informative and alot of fun!

Paul
Old 09-04-2008, 08:53 AM
darguy
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I was pretty happy with the day - good times, indeed. I've had my ups and downs with the car since buying it just over a year ago, and it felt pretty good to get some positive feedback from people who appreciate it for what it is: a very driveable, mostly original car. I've taken it to a few shows, but not recieved this kind of feedback before - so it felt good.

I've now got my laundry list, as it were, but many of the items were already on there (or the parts in the box in the basement). When I get back the detailed score sheets, I'll go through them and see where the common ground is between what I was planning to do and what would make the most impact on the next judging, and then decide how to proceed. I may work on getting the car into Top Flight eventually, or I may decide to get it solidly into 2nd Flight and leave a bit of patina and room for a few subtle mods - time will tell.

Get notified of new replies

To I Accidentally got an NCRS Judging...

Quick Reply: I Accidentally got an NCRS Judging...