C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Mershons

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Default Mershons

Anybody have an opinion on Mershons in Ohio? Good or bad, I want to hear. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
67BETE
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought my 67 327/300 hp from them three years ago. I have absolutely nothing to say but nice things about them. They are honest and will give you a fair assessment of any car you are interested in. I still take my car there for occasional work and am treated like a king every time. I've heard they have even taken cars back when there has been a "problem" with no questions asked. Most of their cars are really solid drivers that are primed for a little mild restoring and TLC and consequently their prices are more reasonable than most. If you're looking to buy, ask for Shawn and tell him Kirk McHugh sent you. Brian Craig runs the service center there and is also excellent and very knowledgeable about all vettes. Considering the general market now a-days, I would say they are one of the best. Just my opinion based on my experiences though. If you are far from them, I would be happy to check out a car for you. Just PM me with you number.

Kirk McHugh
Old 09-02-2008, 10:43 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

I taught an Advanced How To Buy Corvettes class with Dan Mershon at the Bloomington Gold Workshops a couple times. While I've not purchased from him personally, I found him to be a straight-shooting knowledgeable guy who made me believe he sincerely wanted to be honest and fair with his customers. Obviously he's in business to make a living, but my impression was this guy had some integrity and wasn't interested in raking people. Good guy.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
o2bnkc
Melting Slicks

Received 290 Likes on 202 Posts

Thanks guys. Sent you pm, Kirk.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Cruzmeisters
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

Drove there with 2 friends 11/17/07 to check out a '57 Chevy 'vert for a friend on the left coast. Personnel there answered all questions asked, volunteered info, gave us a great tour. I can send you a file of 48 pics I took if you provide your e-m "addy"

Cruz :steering"
Old 09-03-2008, 05:27 AM
53 Blue Flame Brett
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Danny Mershon

A standup guy, IMO.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 AM
BrettG
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had made a tentative deal over the phone summer of 2006 for a 65 Blue / Blue 350hp Vert. (matching #'s).

Acquired a trailer & drove to Carlisle to seal the deal - DM and his team did a nice job with the cosmetics but failed miserably regarding the mechanicals (while they assured me everything worked).

Headlight buckets didn't work, someone had forced the oil filler tube into the intake & cracked it, wipers didn't work, etc., etc.

Very disappointed I had drove 4hrs each way for a car that was not correctly represented. Would not go out of my way to work with Mershons again.

Get notified of new replies

To Mershons

Quick Reply: Mershons