C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

Vent Window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 10:25 AM
mgoeppert
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vent Window Regulator

Any recomendations for vent window regulator reconditioning for my 65 vent??
Old 11-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Scott333
Racer

Originally Posted by mgoeppert
Any recomendations for vent window regulator reconditioning for my 65 vent??
Try a search for "vent window regulator repair" and limit the search results to the "C1 and C2" forum. It only returns six search results, and this one discusses a specific product:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c1-c...epair-kit.html

I haven't used it yet, but if your vent window mechanical gear is worn out, this product should fix the problem:
http://www.corvetteusa.com/catalog/p...e4f4c5ad9b27bf

It seems that the "backing plate" (either loose or missing, usually fallen to the bottom of the interior of the door) is the problem much of the time though, so I would check that too
Old 11-08-2008, 01:44 PM
jfp1
Intermediate

Default Quarter window Regulator

I recently brought a brand new one from Ecklers; it fitted straight in and works perfectly. I looked long and hard at the rebuild kits and in the end, a complete replacement made more sense. If you go this way, just make sure you order the right one as there are some options re coupe and convertible and year groups. Cheers, John
Old 11-08-2008, 07:02 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Rebuilding the regulators is a pretty straight-forward repair that can be accomplished by almost anyone. Even if the backing plate has been lost, you can make a new one out of some 3/16" steel plate in just a few minutes. Corvette USA is the sole supplier of these kits, and they are very good kits. The new gear is made from 6061 T^ aluminum rather than the cheap pot metal that the original worm gears were made from. It should last several lifetimes!

Regards, John McGraw

Get notified of new replies

To Vent Window Regulator

Quick Reply: Vent Window Regulator