C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

New 1967-68 Steering Column Disassembly & Repair Papers Posted

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Jim Shea
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Default New 1967-68 Steering Column Disassembly & Repair Papers Posted

New and revised 1967 and 1968 C2/C3 Steering Column Disassembly & Repair Papers are now posted at www.corvettefaq.com

There is a set of papers #1 and #2 for the standard (non-adjustable) column and a set #1 and #2 for the telescoping column. Available in word.doc or pdf format.

Papers #1 describes repair procedures to the column head (upper bearing and turn signal switch) that can be done with the column in the car.

Papers #2 describes dropping the steering column and removing it from the car; replacing the lower bearing; and further describes disassembling and lubricating various sliding areas of the column.

Because of the shoddy steering column write ups in the 1968 Chevrolet Chassis Service Manuals (my opinion) I have included corrected blowup drawings as well as descriptive disassembly instructions of the steering columns in these papers.

Go to the corvettefaq.com websight
Click on Jim Shea's Steering Papers
Click on Corvette Steering Papers
Scroll down to the 67-68 Standard Steering Column section

or Scroll down to the 67-68 Telescoping Steering Column section

Download Disassembly & Repair Papers #1 and/or #2 in either word.doc or pdf format.

I am very interested in any feedback on the papers.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
stall
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for a very informative post, I appreciate it

Quick Reply: New 1967-68 Steering Column Disassembly & Repair Papers Posted